New Breeze Review from December 8th

sonicbuffalo

Christopher....great pics and an informative review. It seems like you generally enjoyed yourself on the Breeze. But doesn't it contradict a statement that you had made on another thread before your cruise regarding giving up on Carnival. Forgive me if I am mistaken.

Christopher....great pics and an informative review. It seems like you generally enjoyed yourself on the Breeze. But doesn't it contradict a statement that you had made on another thread before your cruise regarding giving up on Carnival. Forgive me if I am mistaken.
\

We are sailing on the Allure for our next cruise as you can see. We have exhausted all the ports we care to go to that Carnival sails unless we scrape together enough money for a Hawaiian cruise. We don't care to do a Western itinerary so we cruise mainly for the itinerary and the ship we're going on. We've been fortunate enough to have sailed on the Dream and the Breeze, and next year the Allure of the Seas.

Until Carnival decides to start going to different ports in the Southern and Eastern itineraries, we will be doing land vacations. I recently priced a 10 day Princess itinerary and it was just too much to pay for the stateroom we wanted. Not only that, but Princess has sold out all of the staterooms we really wanted and that's over a year out. You really have to be on the ball to get a great room on Princess.

Carnival has definitely gotten to where it has cheapened the experience, and you can tell it by the MDR food and the Lido buffet. It won't be a deal breaker, but we'll definitely shop around more often than in the past, for our vacations.

We refuse, however, to let those feelings ruin our cruise(s). We will make the best of them no matter what line we choose to cruise on. We really did enjoy the Breeze, but I'm afraid I'd find that it's not even close to being a match for the Allure and RCL. That will make that next cruise that more special. I'm glad you enjoyed my review. Make lemonade out of lemons is the key. Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas.

If you look really hard, you can see us in our aft balcony on the Epic - we are 3 decks down from the top in the cabin all the way on the starboard side. The 4 of us were waving to you guys in the aft balcony on the Breeze as we were sailing away! I hope you enjoyed your cruise on the Breeze as much as we loved our Epic cruise.

I couldn't see you but I'm sure you enjoyed your cruise! thanks for taking the time to check out my review and pictures!

LOVED YOUR REVIEW!!!! It was the perfect blend of great pics (and loved the side commentary, lol) and thoughts on the ship! We're sailing on her in April with the same itinery.. We did those islands back on the freedom few yrs ago and loved it..So glad you had a great time, and once again great , honest review!!:)

the Breeze with a new dent....wonder if that is from where that lady fell? It is right where she did fall....nah

ry%3D480

That's about all....I went through all the pictures and nothing else to show except duplicates....didn't take too many pictures of the food in the MDR as it just didn't excite me enough.

Thanks for all the replies.....don't be afraid to leave comments, and I'll respond as I see them!

LOVED YOUR REVIEW!!!! It was the perfect blend of great pics (and loved the side commentary, lol) and thoughts on the ship! We're sailing on her in April with the same itinery.. We did those islands back on the freedom few yrs ago and loved it..So glad you had a great time, and once again great , honest review!!:)

Thank you very much.....tried to be honest....we had a great time....you'll love it!

Hi Sonic Buffalo, great pictures, thanks for posting them. I really loved the look of the snorkelling you did near those caves!!! We are sailing on the breeze January 27th, going to Grand Turk, Jamaica and Nassau. Our kids are super excited about the water works area. :)

We are going with grown kids Feb 10th and I AM super excited about everything!

Can you tell me which dining room is for the anytime diners? Is Ken in the set time dining room?

We are going with grown kids Feb 10th and I AM super excited about everything!

Can you tell me which dining room is for the anytime diners? Is Ken in the set time dining room?

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you will be in the Sapphire dining room, and Ken is in the aft dining room Blush. At least that's the way I understood it for anytime diners. That is if you're an anytime diner.

waiters and waitresses dancing on the tables

ry%3D480

Love love love your pictures and your review of the Breeze.. I believe I know the answer, just want to confirm... Ken is in the Blush Dining Room, the above picture is from the Blush Dining Room and the round table is for 10? Thats exactly where I want to be on 1/13... We are confirmed for late dinner. Thanks again for the great pictures and review...

the Breeze with a new dent....wonder if that is from where that lady fell? It is right where she did fall....nah

ry%3D480

That's about all....I went through all the pictures and nothing else to show except duplicates....didn't take too many pictures of the food in the MDR as it just didn't excite me enough.

Thanks for all the replies.....don't be afraid to leave comments, and I'll respond as I see them!

So now we know why the Captain is gun shy at GT ;)

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but you will be in the Sapphire dining room, and Ken is in the aft dining room Blush. At least that's the way I understood it for anytime diners. That is if you're an anytime diner.

Yes, we are trying the anytime dining for the first time. Have a group of 7 with people who like to eat later, but I can't do late dining. Oh we'll, maybe we can stop by and just hear him some night. Thanks for your reply and great pictures.

Love love love your pictures and your review of the Breeze.. I believe I know the answer, just want to confirm... Ken is in the Blush Dining Room, the above picture is from the Blush Dining Room and the round table is for 10? Thats exactly where I want to be on 1/13... We are confirmed for late dinner. Thanks again for the great pictures and review...

yep....Ken is in the Blush.....and the picture you asked me about was taken from the 2nd level of the Blush....hopefully you'll get your wish for the table for 10!

One thing I would like to mention is a design flaw in the Lido Marketplace. It has been reported and I will confirm that the floor tiles up there are very, very slick. I had on good soled shoes and sneakers and the floors are still slick.

Be careful so you don't bust your buns. The workers do try to keep the floor clean and dry, but the tile floors are just too slick. Just a heads up.

One thing I would like to mention is a design flaw in the Lido Marketplace. It has been reported and I will confirm that the floor tiles up there are very, very slick. I had on good soled shoes and sneakers and the floors are still slick.

We noticed that too. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen. They need to install non-slip flooring pronto.

Archived