New Breeze Review from December 8th

sonicbuffalo

Great review and pictures, ship looks nice

I have never had the pleasure of listening to Ron Pass or Ken Byrne and I would be interested in sailing on a ship they were on and enjoying them as so many others rave about them

The one thing that bothers me is the size, configuration of the Comedy Club lounge room....why would Carnival make it so small? 4 top tables?

The long lines for comedy club and the way they seem to make people leave is very disappointing.

why oh why can't Carnival put at least the late seatings of the comedy in the main showroom after the other shows so more people can see the comedy??

Hi Chris,

Enjoyed your pics and review! We did the Breeze Med Cruise in mid-October and must have passed you as you got on as we were on the December 2nd sailing. We really enjoyed the Ship so much we are back on her again on March 2nd!

Have to agree with you on the Punchliner's Comedy Shows. We had no problem in Europe getting into see the shows but on the Dec. 2nd sailing we had no problem on the 1st night. However, the 2nd night it was chaotic with line cutting and people waiting 1/2 hour or so to get in to find no seats. They need to improve in this area for sure!

Also, have to agree that the new Playlist Production Shows are not as good as past shows such as Ticket to Ride, etc. but, overall, thought the entertainment was very good especially the Lounge entertainment. Ron Pass was, as always, very good and Chris who played a lot of Country we also thought was very good!

We really enjoyed the layout of the Promenade and the Red Frog Pub, Piano Bar, etc. We also like the decor as it really has a Carib feel about her! We didn't find the Ship to be crowded at all and we were at full capacity for the Dec. 2nd cruise. We never had lines on Lido except Embarkation Day but they moved quick and we had no problem finding a nice table.

We had Late Seating both cruises and were in Blush but Ken Byrnes was on vacay when we were in Europe and missed him. We did see him the last cruise and he is wonderful and such a nice man! We, too, really enjoyed his singing!!! We had the best Waitstaff both cruises!

The Burritos were awesome especially the Shrimp...yum! We were not impressed with the food in Cuccina but we're tough critics because of owning an Italian Restaurant. However, we have now added Risotto Balls to our menu...lol!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to seeing you and Ginny in Myrtle Beach in February! :)

Hi Eileen! We sure missed your helping us plan our excursions this year! Of course I don't know if you and Mike like to snorkel. We just decided to snorkel and do some shopping afterwards. We did enjoy Magen's Bay and shopping at St. Thomas.

Of course we're going to some of the same islands we've already been to next year but we wanted to sail on the Allure and we got a great price! Hope you guys have a Happy New Year! We look forward to seeing you guys soon!

Hi Eileen! We sure missed your helping us plan our excursions this year! Of course I don't know if you and Mike like to snorkel. We just decided to snorkel and do some shopping afterwards. We did enjoy Magen's Bay and shopping at St. Thomas.

Of course we're going to some of the same islands we've already been to next year but we wanted to sail on the Allure and we got a great price! Hope you guys have a Happy New Year! We look forward to seeing you guys soon!

Thanks, Chris! Same here! :)

I was on the Breeze on Dec 2. I heard a lot of people complain about the floors but they were fine for me when I was wearing my flip flops. Strange that when I wore sneakers they were very slippery.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. The Breeze was my first Carnival cruise in almost 10 years and I doubt I will go back. I liked the ship but the service was horrible, the food was disappointing, and the ship felt really crowded. My previous RCI cruises were on larger ships and never felt that way. 2013 will be land vacations for me but hope to try the Allure or Oasis in 2014.

I guess the Breeze isn't for everyone....there were things I liked and disliked but overall I had a great time. I'd book it again if the itinerary and price were right. Now we're going to be going on the Allure in 2014 too. We chose to go on the NCL Sun next year for an 11 day cruise for just about what we paid for the Breeze's 8 day.

Great review and pictures, ship looks nice

I have never had the pleasure of listening to Ron Pass or Ken Byrne and I would be interested in sailing on a ship they were on and enjoying them as so many others rave about them

The one thing that bothers me is the size, configuration of the Comedy Club lounge room....why would Carnival make it so small? 4 top tables?It would only make sense to hold the Punchliners Club in the main theater...the Ovation...I agree!

The long lines for comedy club and the way they seem to make people leave is very disappointing.

why oh why can't Carnival put at least the late seatings of the comedy in the main showroom after the other shows so more people can see the comedy??

Great question!

Archived