Viewing Available Cabins Online

harryw

In the past, when booking a cruise on Celebrity, I could go to a certain travel website and view a map of available cabins for my selected cruise.

This was a valuable tool to use when contacting my T.A.

However, the same website would not perform the same function for Oceania. Does Oceania restrict travel websites from displaying unbooked inventory?

Harry

However, the same website would not perform the same function for Oceania. Does Oceania restrict travel websites from displaying unbooked inventory?

Other Sites show which cabins are available. so the answer to your question has to be no.

It's been a while since I've done it, but can't you just go on Oceania's web site, pretend you're booking a cruise, and select your cabin as a way of finding out what's available? Of course, you would exit out before actually making a commitment!

It's been a while since I've done it, but can't you just go on Oceania's web site, pretend you're booking a cruise, and select your cabin as a way of finding out what's available? Of course, you would exit out before actually making a commitment!

I believe you only see a selection of available cabins, not necessarily the entire inventory available.

If you're a nerdy wonk, have more time than you need, and have a lot of persistance, you can into Oceania's web site, pretend to book a cruise, and go from there.

If you see less than 7 cabins displayed in a certain category, that's all there are, and you can check another category. The software wll display 7 if there are 7 or more. If you see 7, you start entering the rest of the cabins in that category one-by-one and see if they're available. It helps to have a copy of the deck plan to see whch to enter next, and a pencil and paper to keep track.

It can take a couple of hours to check the entire ship, and along the way you'll probably forget the best way to navigate, hit the Back button, and have to start over. If you've read this far, you may have the persistance to accomplish it, but you'd need a really good reason to do the whole ship.

Don't ask me how I know...:rolleyes:

I must be a nerdy wonk, and yes, I admit I am, because I just did some snooping on the cruise we recently booked. Of course, when you're a cheapskate and like to book the inside cabins, it only takes a few minutes to figure out which, if any, of those cabins are available, as there aren't many on the ship, especially Marina and the other bigger ship.

In my case, I am not picky about cabin location, so I go on an online site and ask for bids on the cruise and category I want. That often ends up getting me a "quarantee" on a cabin category, which is even better than an actual cabin, as I've done well with those "guarantees" - offered a free upgrade once, and an almost-free upgrade (i.e., an upsell) another time!

If you're a nerdy wonk, have more time than you need, and have a lot of persistance, you can into Oceania's web site, pretend to book a cruise, and go from there.

If you see less than 7 cabins displayed in a certain category, that's all there are, and you can check another category. The software wll display 7 if there are 7 or more. If you see 7, you start entering the rest of the cabins in that category one-by-one and see if they're available. It helps to have a copy of the deck plan to see whch to enter next, and a pencil and paper to keep track.

It can take a couple of hours to check the entire ship, and along the way you'll probably forget the best way to navigate, hit the Back button, and have to start over. If you've read this far, you may have the persistance to accomplish it, but you'd need a really good reason to do the whole ship.

Don't ask me how I know...:rolleyes:

The Back Button is NUKE.:cool:

Archived