Ocean Liners Question

wr813

No one is writing about wasting food, did it ever occur to some that people have different appetites. Maybe we should make New Years resolutions to stop being so critical of other people until we walk in their shoes.

Don, see the post from Boston_Scientist on this thread. Someone is writing about wasting food. Now some of us think he/she is just kidding but who knows.

I don't believe some of the comments on this thead. No one is writing about wasting food, did it ever occur to some that people have different appetites. Forty years ago I could eat four lobster tails on a cruise, today I'm lucky to finish one. My son is 6'6" and big, his appetite is certainly a lot different than my wifes or mine. Maybe we should make New Years resolutions to stop being so critical of other people until we walk in their shoes. By the way, my son's shoe size is 18...

Don, you must have overlooked the post from Boston_Scientist on this thread.

I know that in the MDR you can order a second order of a food item. If we dine in the Ocean Liners and order the petit filet mignon and lobster tail can I ask for a 2nd lobster tail to come with the meal or is that not allowed in the specialty restaurant?

We were on Connie last week and dined at Ocean Liners twice. One night I ordered the Filet and asked for a lobster tail with it. They did not take any issue with this. They prepared 2 lobster tails tableside as my wife ordered the lobster entree. The second time we dined there, I ordered an extra entree as I wanted to try the vegetarian offering. They obliged and were very accommodating. Also, my wife ordered the cheese plate first, (which probably no one does) then had appetizers and an entree. The service and food is excellent. We really felt well taken care of by everyone there. Based on my experience I would not hesitate to ask for what you want. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Are they served with cranberry sauce on Celebrity? An exter simply will not do unless it is presented to the diner with a generous helping of cranberry sauce...not the jellied kind.

Cranberry is nice, but kinda pedestrian. Try Beebleberry confit - the higher acidic quality counters the gaminess of the birds more than cranberries will. You're sure to enjoy!

Cranberry is nice, but kinda pedestrian. Try Beebleberry confit - the higher acidic quality counters the gaminess of the birds more than cranberries will. You're sure to enjoy!

Of course, it depends upon whether you shot it yourself, or whether it was presented to you by another hunter. Proper field dressing of exters is essential for a fine finished product. Obviously, is must be propoprly field dressed before it is moved from the situs of its demise.

Of course, it depends upon whether you shot it yourself, or whether it was presented to you by another hunter. Proper field dressing of exters is essential for a fine finished product. Obviously, is must be propoprly field dressed before it is moved from the situs of its demise.

In other words, don't pick up a road kill...

I really was not lying, nor exaggerating. Let me explain:

On my first visit to Tuscan Grill the waiter told us that we should order one dish from each of the three entree categories: pasta, seafood and steak (in addition to any appetizers). I did not order steak.

On our second visit, we asked how people can actually do what he suggested and actually eat what they order. And he advised me that many people order lots of dishes to taste, enjoy the presentation and savor many different flavors.

I was raised not to waste food and trust me, this was a very unusual experience that was a bit unsettling. However, when the waiter said that what I did was fairly common I did not feel as bad about it.

That being said, the "Ocean liners" restaurant is equivalent to "Murano" and when I went to Murano I did not order 3 entrees.

Yes, good point.

One wonders, actually, how Celebrity sources it's supply of exters. Is there an commercial exter hunt in the swamplands of northern Michigan each year just for Celebrity? You don't think (gasp) that X is serving farmed exters, do you?

As a by-note, they are discussing declaring the exter a protected bird here in the mid-Atlantic states. Hunting them, or even possession of one would result in a heavy fine and public service to the quail in the community. Seems to be a bi-partisan effort from what I can tell.

Not that there will be a huge demand for the delicacy, since it is so rare and requires the immediate prep you outline. Few of the general public are ever fortunate to dine upon them, and even fewer have the taste for them.

Archived