Anchorage to Talkeetna Princess motorcoach

fireflymd

As part of our land tour itinerary, we will be leaving Anchorage and taking a motorcoach to Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge.

I booked a tour through Princess--Glacier Landing Explorer, which states it is customized for people arriving by "rail". The tour starts in Talkeetna, then after the glacier tour a Princess shuttle goes from Talkeetna to the Princess Lodge.

I called Princess because we will not be arriving by rail, but by motorcoach. The Princess rep told me that the motorcoach would drop us off in Talkeetna before proceeding to the lodge, so that we may take this tour.

1) Do any of you have any experience with this? I plan on calling Princess again to confirm that the motorcoach will indeed stop off in Talkeetna on the way to the lodge.

2) What is this motorcoach like? Are there bathrooms on this bus?

2) What is this motorcoach like? Are there bathrooms on this bus?

It is a modern bus. There should be a restroom on it, but remember this is a bus rest room and will be similar in size to one on an airplane and the bus will be moving while you use it.

The bus will make periodic stops where rest rooms are available.

With all of the various cruisetours and transportation modes, Princess cannot put them all on the shorex pages. Trust that if you can book an excursion on the web site, you can take it. If you can't, it will be listed as unavailable.

But it was listed as arrival by rail, but was booked by a person arriving by bus.

The question is did the Princess rep who said the bus could drop the OP off in town know what time the bus is scheduled to reach the town?

But it was listed as arrival by rail, but was booked by a person arriving by bus.

The question is did the Princess rep who said the bus could drop the OP off in town know what time the bus is scheduled to reach the town?

I told the Princess operator that our itinerary states the bus will arrive "in Talkeetna" (but I think this implies arrival time at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge) at 12:30 pm, and our tour starts at 1:00 pm.

The lodge itself is about an hour from Talkeetna, so she is probably correct that we are dropped off there--but she wasn't sure what time we actually arrive in Talkeetna, so I'm hoping someone who has taken the land tour with Princess can give me some more information.

If you have taken the land tour with Princess in Alaska, please post of your experience with the motorcoach from Anchorage to Talkeetna.

1) What time did you arrive in Talkeetna? What time did you arrive at the McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge?

2) Were passengers taking the Glacier Landing Explorer tour in Talkeetna dropped off before heading back to the lodge?

Archived