Any news on Dream?

We used tap water to fill the kettle on Celebrity Eclipse, but of course that is a newer ship. I assume you can use tap water on the Dream, but a bit hesitant because of previous plumbing problems :eek:

But as solostar says if there is a kettle supplied, you should have potable water supplied :)

This was in the article "9 Things You Don't Know About Your Cabin" http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=1475

in the CC email circulated today:

8. Water, water everywhere. No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water.

Shipmate, Kettles were installed as part of the Platinum upgrade.

This was in the article "9 Things You Don't Know About Your Cabin" http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=1475

8. Water, water everywhere. No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water.

We have always drunk the tapwater on the cruise ships we've been on and never gone down with any form of the dreaded lurgi yet. It does not taste the best but still drinkable.

Berwyn

They did a lecture on the Eclipse about the ship's facilities and they said then that all the water used on the ship was the same and therfore drinkable, even the water in the toilet :eek: I don't think I would go

that far though :D:D

We have always drunk the tapwater on the cruise ships we've been on and never gone down with any form of the dreaded lurgi yet. It does not taste the best but still drinkable.

Berwyn

Likewise Berwyn. I think it's the water (or specifically ice in drinks not bottled water) off the ship you are warned to be careful about.

Good for you Kruzseeka. What itineraries are you doing? We thought the German Captain was quite funny at first, but a bit wearing after a fortnight.:rolleyes: We like to sit and read on the promenade deck where it is quieter but every afternoon - bing bong "Zis is your Captain from ze bridge!" followed by a long rambling speech and we always seemed to be right under a loudspeaker :eek:

After a few days of it, why didnt you move when you realised it was going to be a regular thing. We found him quite entertaining

Good for you Kruzseeka. What itineraries are you doing? We thought the German Captain was quite funny at first, but a bit wearing after a fortnight.:rolleyes: We like to sit and read on the promenade deck where it is quieter but every afternoon - bing bong "Zis is your Captain from ze bridge!" followed by a long rambling speech and we always seemed to be right under a loudspeaker :eek:

After a few days of it, why didnt you move when you realised it was going to be a regular thing. We found him quite entertaining

I must disagree with the first review on here:

There was no smell of sewage anywhere on the ship - that i smelt, we had no issues with the toilet and no one we spoke to mentioned this.

They have spent a lot of money below the water in the engines etc to make the ship more efficient.

But have also renewed a lot of the carpets etc, one of the staff mentioned the ship is due to go back into wet dock after the Caribbean to do a bit more to the inside - they wanted to concentrate on doing the stuff that they needed to do in a dry dock this time so maybe the remaining carpets will be changed then?

Food in the restaurant was lovely and always hot! The waiters were very helpful and always wanted to please :)

Im sure that the Dream is in no way equvalinent to Royal Caribbean or P&O but then if you like this - book with them instead!

One thing I must say is that some passengers were so rude (this is something we noticed more on this cruise as seemed a lot more older people) to the staff! Please try to remember that whilst they are there to do a job they are also human and deserve respect!! - A lot of them had families back home with young children and all said that they wished they were home to spend XMAS with them.... :(

I for one was very happy and would definately go on Dream again and would highly recommend her to anyone, yes there are still some improvements needed but I'm pretty sure that you would find that on any ship.

Archived