Early Saver -Carnival not consistent-go figure

bingomamma19

Carnival is very confusing with this early saver stuff. I have been able to match the senior rate for my mom and got a $121 obc so far (senior rate is a guarantee room rate=cant pick your own room)

But when I try to get the OBC for our other two rooms-one another inside and one a cove balcony (each should get about $100 in obc) Carnival says I cant get it because I am matching those to the Instant saver rate (another guaranty room=cant pick your own room) They say we would have to give up those rooms and go for the guaranteed rooms to get obc.

So why are they matching to the senior rate on our one room and not matching to the instant saver on our other 2? Both are guarantee room rates. (unfortunately only my mom is over 55:):))

BTW this is for the Carnival Breeze sailing on 1/13/2013.

Carnival is very confusing with this early saver stuff. I have been able to match the senior rate for my mom and got a $121 obc so far (senior rate is a guarantee room rate=cant pick your own room)

But when I try to get the OBC for our other two rooms-one another inside and one a cove balcony (each should get about $100 in obc) Carnival says I cant get it because I am matching those to the Instant saver rate (another guaranty room=cant pick your own room) They say we would have to give up those rooms and go for the guaranteed rooms to get obc.

So why are they matching to the senior rate on our one room and not matching to the instant saver on our other 2? Both are guarantee room rates. (unfortunately only my mom is over 55:):))

BTW this is for the Carnival Breeze sailing on 1/13/2013.

We have had 3 ES price drops using the Senior Rate. If you check Fareviewer, click on Senior Rate, Click on Continue, it shows the quoted price as for the guarantee but shows a little more expensive price for the different categories where you pick your cabin. Once ES, always ES, even if you price match to Senior, Military, et.

We have had 3 ES price drops using the Senior Rate. If you check Fareviewer, click on Senior Rate, Click on Continue, it shows the quoted price as for the guarantee but shows a little more expensive price for the different categories where you pick your cabin. Once ES, always ES, even if you price match to Senior, Military, et.

I understand how to check rates. I have 3 rooms booked in early saver-only one of them have a senior in them. I have gotten the OBC for the senior rate for that room. Why is carnival not matching the other 2 rooms to the Instant saver rate?

Both of these rates are guarantee room rates, however Carnival is not making me give up my moms room to to get the OBC for matching to the Senior rate.

Consider yourself lucky that your moms room slipped past them with the lower rates. When you're booked under early saver you have to compare the category you booked to todays prices with that same category. (IE: If you booked a 6b you aren't entitled to 6a or guaranteed rates) They're absolutely right that everyone else would have to give up their room assignments to get the instant saver rate because you didn't book an IS or OV or BL category. Technically, you're not supposed to be allowed to downgrade at all using early saver so them giving the option to downgrade and get the lower price is a nice exception they've been making for everyone. They may have been inconsistant this time but it's in your favor, don't bring it to their attention because they WILL correct it.

Consider yourself lucky that your moms room slipped past them with the lower rates. When you're booked under early saver you have to compare the category you booked to todays prices with that same category. (IE: If you booked a 6b you aren't entitled to 6a or guaranteed rates) They're absolutely right that everyone else would have to give up their room assignments to get the instant saver rate because you didn't book an IS or OV or BL category. Technically, you're not supposed to be allowed to downgrade at all using early saver so them giving the option to downgrade and get the lower price is a nice exception they've been making for everyone. They may have been inconsistant this time but it's in your favor, don't bring it to their attention because they WILL correct it.

Actually they have matched the senior rate 2x in the last 2 weeks. I wasnt even going to try it, but someone in my roll call said they have been getting the OBC by matching to senior rates. So Carnival is really being inconsisent with how they are handling these.

And if they are not going to match to instant saver rates, then what is the benefit of booking early saver anymore? They are just going to make their lower rates be instant savers from now on, rendering it impossible to get any OBC.

Some of these rates – senior, military, resident, ect. you have to look at closely as sometimes they are guarantees and sometimes they are not.

Looking at the Breeze on 1/13/2013 the senior rate is NOT a guarantee.

Instant saver always is – just a pack and go was. Instant saver replaced pack and go.

Some of these rates – senior, military, resident, ect. you have to look at closely as sometimes they are guarantees and sometimes they are not.

Looking at the Breeze on 1/13/2013 the senior rate is NOT a guarantee.

Instant saver always is – just a pack and go was. Instant saver replaced pack and go.

The Senior rate IS a guarantee rate on the 1/13/2013 Breeze--If you do a mock booking you will see--here is the wording when you pick the Senior rate--It will not let you pick your stateroom

You’ve selected Senior Rate!

Senior Rates - At least one person in the stateroom must be 55 or older to book this rate. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility the stateroom's view may be obstructed.

I've run into this problem with Senior rate before - although the website initially shows it as being a Guarantee, it's actually not. When you do a mock booking, and select Senior rate, the next page does show that it's a Guarantee. HOWEVER, on that page, click on "Return to the previous step", and it will, for whatever reason, take you to the page that allows you to choose your room. You can then pick the room you want from what is available. I can't tell ya why it's like that, but it's been like that for quite a while now that I know of.

I've run into this problem with Senior rate before - although the website initially shows it as being a Guarantee, it's actually not. When you do a mock booking, and select Senior rate, the next page does show that it's a Guarantee. HOWEVER, on that page, click on "Return to the previous step", and it will, for whatever reason, take you to the page that allows you to choose your room. You can then pick the room you want from what is available. I can't tell ya why it's like that, but it's been like that for quite a while now that I know of.

You are correct. That is weird, but I did it like you said, and it does let you go back and pick your room. So that would be my answer I guess.

Oh well, at least we got $121 in OBC on the room for my mom.

Thanks for clearing that up--what a confusing glitch.

I'm also on the Breeze 1/13. I'm a senior but booked ES. The current senior rate for balcony is $998 for a solo. I paid $1098. However I am in a cove balcony and there aren't any more available -so I assumed the $998 was for a balcony guarantee some balcony category higher than cove. Is it worth a call to see if they will give me the senior rate for balcony without giving up my cove if there are no coves left?? I'm thinking not.

I'm also on the Breeze 1/13. I'm a senior but booked ES. The current senior rate for balcony is $998 for a solo. I paid $1098. However I am in a cove balcony and there aren't any more available -so I assumed the $998 was for a balcony guarantee some balcony category higher than cove. Is it worth a call to see if they will give me the senior rate for balcony without giving up my cove if there are no coves left?? I'm thinking not.

Its worth a call to ask. Tell them you DO NOT want to give up your cove balcony. A good customer service rep, like the one I got today, could probably get it done for you without losing your room. If not, just leave it as it is. Its worth a try. let us know if it works. I did something similar today and they let me keep my cabin.

Its worth a call to ask. Tell them you DO NOT want to give up your cove balcony. A good customer service rep, like the one I got today, could probably get it done for you without losing your room. If not, just leave it as it is. Its worth a try. let us know if it works. I did something similar today and they let me keep my cabin.

Unfortunately they said it was a different category so no go unless I wanted to give up my stateroom, which I did not. At least the person I talked to told me that. I have gotten different answers from different reps before - maybe I'll try again tomorrow! :)

Archived