Mini-Bar question

DoulaAnn

I can see from Celebrity's site that there are "private mini-bars" in veranda rooms (additional charges apply), but my question is: is there space and is it allowed to put your own drinks in there? I know some hotels have a seal that if you break it you get charged, whether anything is missing or not. Have cruised on Princess, and there was just a mini-refrigerator in the room and we could put whatever we wanted in there.

Thanks in advance for the advice. I know I will get it because the people on this site are awesome.

Ann

Since we always buy the premium alcohol drink package from Celebrity, we do not need the mini bar. That being said, we ask the room attendant to remove the mini bar items from the fridge, so we can put our own goodies and late night snacks inside.

Interestingly enough, on our last cruise, we were charged for items from the mini bar. I have no idea what happened, but after a call to the Celebrity Resolution Department and a week long wait, the monies were credited back to the credit card. I believe that we won the case, because we both had premium drink packages (so no need to pay for a mini bar) and that the mini bar was removed the first day!

I always check our bill, but generally will make any dispute once at home.

Out of all our cruises over the past 13 years, I have only had to make a dispute two times. I guess we are lucky. :D

You can ask your steward to remove the contents (don't be surprised to find a bag full of various drink hidden somewhere in your room, as sometimes they don't actually take the contents very far) and you can add your own drink. The mini-fridge isn't really very cold -- more like a chiller than an actual refrigerator.

Archived