Pacific Dawn heading for a rough one

Hey

Was told about a cyclone heading for Noumea.. and current Pacific Dawn cruise looks to be heading right into it..

Seems they will meet around the 1st Jan...

Hope they don't get whacked!!

Steve

the 1st jan is tuesday so he's got plenty of time to go some where else

There is going to be 6 ships in the area where the cyclone is expected to affect over the next 3-4 days -- Pacific Jewel, Dawn and Pearl, Carnival Spirit, Rhapsody of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas (Which I will be on).

Would expect some itinerary changes in the offing - we are supposed to be in Noumea 2nd Jan and we would catch the tail end of the cyclone passing over New Caledonia on current schedule - Weather in Noumea 2nd Jan a pleasant 26C with average 70kmh Winds gusting over 100km/h and Heavy Rain Showers. Sounds like a great day to be sightseeing. :D:D

smart captain

You mean 'Smart P&O Australia Office' Thied, they would have helped the Captain chart his courses.

Pacific Dawn was a great ship when she was Regal Princess, I was on Regal's last cruise, September 2007, LA to Sydney. I don't like the sound of her now, too many pax with all those extra 'friendly four bunks' they fitted on the way over. She was designed for 1600 pax not 2060.

Thied have you stayed in the 4 berth cabins on Pacific Dawn? If so, are they cramped?

My sister is leaving on Sea Pricess this afternoon. They were told at muster about the cyclone and possible changes to ports. First stop was supposed to be Ilse of Pines on 1 January.

That is cruising in the Sth Pacific at this time if year.

Hope all out there stay safe.

You mean 'Smart P&O Australia Office' Thied, they would have helped the Captain chart his courses.

Pacific Dawn was a great ship when she was Regal Princess, I was on Regal's last cruise, September 2007, LA to Sydney. I don't like the sound of her now, too many pax with all those extra 'friendly four bunks' they fitted on the way over. She was designed for 1600 pax not 2060.

Thied have you stayed in the 4 berth cabins on Pacific Dawn? If so, are they cramped?

never stayed in 4 berth om the Pacific Dawn, just suites and mini suites

We have stayed in a converted 4 berth cabin on 2 occassions ,as a family of four it's not to bad ,plenty of storage space and we usually are only in our cabin to sleep or shower so no worries.The biggest problem with crowding on PD is around the aft spa and deck chairs.You need to be up back early on when the weather is good.

never stayed in 4 berth om the Pacific Dawn, just suites and mini suites

Suites and Mini Suites? Thied, you lucky duck, I have never experienced such luxury on the high seas. An obstructed view cabin is what we take to keep the price down. Although on Celebrity Solstice in March, we got the 'free upgrade to Concierge Verandah stateroom.' Nearest thing to a suite or mini suite we will get unless I win Lotto. LOL.

Archived