Cabin choice

cinnamon

We are close to booking a Transatlantic cruise on Quest from Miami to Seville. We are being offered either a V2 or V3 cabin, with about a $100 price difference between the two. Are there any areas or cabins we should try to avoid?

We are Elite on Celebrity and have cruised RCCL many times too but have not been on Azamara before. Thanks for any help.

If I had a choice I'd go for a V2 on deck 7 for the price difference. I had a look at the inventory for the Miami/Seville trip and see that V2s around the 7090 spot are available. I'd go for that area. Cabins above and below you. I've been there before and it's a good location. The V3s are far forward or aft and subject to more movement if it's a rough transatlantic. Just my thoughts.

Phil

Edit: Looking at it a little more I'd go for 7086 or 7088. There is a bulkhead splitting these two cabins and the balcony is more private to one side having a solid metal wall rather than just a glass partition. This is an N1 on the deck directly above, but it has the same arrangement and gives a comparison, first showing one side solid and the second the glass partition:

2621804660054958397AHafNj_fs.jpg

2555057230054958397JfNFlU_fs.jpg

Thanks for the info Phil. In fact, as it is an Eastbound TA we would want to be on the Starboard side for the sun, so will need to see if that one on deck 7 is still available when we come to book on Monday. Got to wait till then for the go-ahead from the hospital as I have had back surgery and had to cancel our usual autumn trip.

I have to be honest, the balcony looks very small :( and that was on an N1, presumably larger than the V3 or V2 which we would be booking.

Corinne

Corrine - It is great to see your name pop up. Phil gave great advice and gave away the secret of the bulkhead. Great choice ....a little quieter and more privacy. We always pick a V2 on deck 7. Just avoid being across from the laundry room.

Sorry to hear you had surgery. Hope all is well.

Lauri

Corrine - It is great to see your name pop up. Phil gave great advice and gave away the secret of the bulkhead. Great choice ....a little quieter and more privacy. We always pick a V2 on deck 7. Just avoid being across from the laundry room.

Sorry to hear you had surgery. Hope all is well.

Lauri, how great to hear from you! :) 2012 has been tough, we had to cancel our usual November cruise and Florida stay but now I've had my surgery we are looking to get some sun and cruising in March. I just need the go ahead at the hospital tomorrow and we'll be ready to book.

Corinne

Archived