Best time

Sabbycat

Hi all,

I thought this was the most appropriate thread to post this question on . . . what is a better month to visit GB - beginning of June or end of August? We are considering a BI cruise for 2013 with one of the above departure times, and I am unsure of which one to choose. We plan to spend an extra week in and around London post cruise. I notice that part of Buckingham Palace is open to the public in August. The bonus to June is, I would expect it would be less busy?

Any advise you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all :)

Got to agree about June. As a Londoner myself I would not venture into the crowded tourist parts during school holidays. Don't forget we have many places of interest in Greater London such as Royal Greenwich and Hampton Court as well as our City and Westminster attractions.

Yes, you've cracked it - June will be quieter. And probably cheaper.

Weather-wise the UK is pretty varied. It'll not be cold, & evenings will be light ('til later in June). It's rarely too hot for sight-seeing.

But we can have a wet June or a wet August. Or neither. Or both. More likely a bit of each - and often a soggy start to a glorious day, or a wet end to a sunny day.

The only predicable thing about our weather is that its unpredictable.

Regardless of when you visit, I can tell you now that the forecast will be "mainly dry but with rain in the xxx regions early (or late) in the day".

Afterwards the forecasters can claim that their forecast was basically correct, just slightly wrong on the location/timing of the rain. :rolleyes:

JB :)

As already mentioned our weather is very unpredictable, but I would definitely have gone for June, we used to call it flaming June, as the weather was always good and the days were long. We cruised the BI 2 years ago in May and had Snow in Invergordon, rain in Dublin, once we sailed south of Dublin the weather was excellent. So you pays your money and takes your chances, I would hasten to add that the British Isles cruise is excellent with a great variation of ports of call and lots of history.

Archived