Transatlantic Formal Nights

sirdavid

On a 13 day Southampton to Ft Lauderdale how many Formal Nights are scheduled?
I agree probably 3. We did the 13 night Southampton-FLL 22 Nov 2012 and had 3. HOWEVER if you look at RCI FAQ http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq it claims that a 13 night cruise has 2 formal nights and 2 Smart Casual [which they define as jacket & tie for men] nights. On board we did not see any mention of Smart Casual nights. YMMV

Thom

It better not be more than 3, or we would have to bring a steamer trunk for my DW's formal wear!!:D

We have an upcoming 17 day TA, and I believe that we will only have 3 formal nights.

The shorter TA's that we have cruised aboard have only had 3 formal nights.

Rick

• 1 month later...

hi sirdavid

how are you? my husband John and I sailed with you on the Epic last year. How was your fall transatlantic? could you refresh my memory, how much approx was the bottles of house wine and house champagne? could you order them at any bar. NCL is now offering a alcohol package on select cruises for $49 per night. trying to figure out what would be the best deal. you can e-mail me at khowchin@rogers.com What is your next adventure?

I noted the dress standards gradually declined as we went to our third formal night. Many of the men wore just a shirt and not even a tie. No problem with that on my end. We just wore the same thing for all three formal nights since they were spaced out pretty well on a 16 night cruise.

Archived