Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

I'm here, just slow moving this morning :)

No loss for me :( But my bowels have not been cooperating lately, so I was prepared for that.

Kay - 3 inches!! That is awesome, along with the two pounds.

Congrats to all the other losers, and summer girl, don't sweat it, just keep going.

I've been so good with my exercise, and so sore everyday. Wondering how long it will take for me to actually be in shape and not so sore every morning, sheesh.

Food is still a problem area obviously. I really need to get on track there, but as long as I'm not gaining, I am probably not going to get too hardcore with it :)

Have a 5 mile run this weekend, pretty exciting, hope it goes well.

Have a great weekend everyone!! My husband took tuesday off so he has a 4 day weekend, Need to find some fun things to do.

Hi Ladies,

after a small setback on Friday the scale was back on track on Saturday, I more or less maintained my weight.

We are starting to go to the gym twice per week. We are me and hubby, we both gained lots of weight since loosing my MIL in summer 2009 and having desk jobs...

If sore muscles are a way to measure your dedication, I´m pretty dedicated to loosing weight. I´ve discovered my gym offeres Power plate workouts. Anyone ever tried those?

Well, I´m a bit in a bad mood, it seems so unfair that DH food allowance is so much higher than mine. Yeah, I know, different body composition, different height and weight, But it irkes me to see him munching away and I´m always counting...

What is your kcal allowance per day? MFP says 1370 kcal is my goal weight. Which is somentimes hard to get by with...

I´ll be haeding of to my Med cruise next friday. Don´t know yet if I´ll be able to track food once I´m on board. I´m taking my sport shoes with me and I´ll do lots of walking in port, however I´m not sure if that´ll be enough.

Hope I don´t sabbotage myself...

So, enough whining.

Take care.

Hi kasi1979,

My Fitness Pal is set for 1480 calories a day. I usually end up with just under 1400 for the day. I find this to be a pretty good amount.

Everyone is different - but I wouldn't worry about tracking while I'm on the cruise. Just enjoy! Do try and get in some gym time and walking if you can. Drink lots of water to get the salt out! Yes, you will likely put on a bit of weight - but it should come off quickly once the holiday is over and you get back into your routine.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Charlene

Hi Ladies,

What is your kcal allowance per day? MFP says 1370 kcal is my goal weight. Which is somentimes hard to get by with...

My MFP start is somewhere around 1440 to start the day, but I have been working out most days and I eat back my workout calories. Which means I'm usually closer to 1800 most days.

But I'm not sure I'm a good person to judge by since I'm not losing much weight. I really have a hard time with this dieting thing. Though if anyone looks at my diary they would know I would be fine if I cut out alcohol, lol.

My husband is a bad influence :) I should just not eat all day and binge at night (kidding of course, but it would lower my calories, lol)

Did 5 miles today though, with lots of wind and lots of hills and my time was still decent for me, so I'm happy. I am just going to focus on the exercise and being a little careful with my food.

Just keep at it, lower your calories when you aren't with your husband and that way you can not feel deprived when you eat with him.

Mine is home for another 2 days, giong to need to fast when he goes back to work.

Agree totally with the men being hard on the eating plan!!! Last night I was sitting eating a pear while my son and boyfriend ate ice cream.

We eat out ALOT and it is so hard to order broccoli and a dry piece of chicken while everyone else gets something super yummy!

Hello losers! :D

I had a horrible weekend -- yes, both days. I hosted our company suite for the rodeo Friday night, which meant I was eating traditional bar food. I did get a huge plate of salad, to avoid the wings, nachos, etc. But I'm pretty sure that salad was loaded with all kinds bad stuff!

Saturday the run off the reservation continued, with fried shrimp for dinner. Arrgh! I get into the mindset that "Oh well, I blew it yesterday, so I might as well continue blowing it for the weekend." I don't know why I do that.

The good news is that I did do a TON of walking at the rodeo on Friday night. Saturday was kind of a blow-off day, but Sunday I went haywire with Spring cleaning my house... that fun continued into Monday, so all was good. I took down the curtains and washed them, washed all the windows, powerwashed the deck and the patio furniture, pulled weeds, the whole Spring cleaning shebang.

So, here I am back on track, logging my food/exercise into MFP and doing all the right things. I decided to skip weiging in on Saturday morning because I didn't want be sad... which I knew I would.

As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Ann

As Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Ann

Hey Ann! I had to have the same Scarlett O'Hara attitude as you today! :o It worked. :)

We are also looking at the Oasis of the Seas for next year. I've always wanted to sail on the Oasis or the Allure and so, before they get too old, it's going to happen!!

Hello losers! :D

Saturday the run off the reservation continued, with fried shrimp for dinner. Arrgh! I get into the mindset that "Oh well, I blew it yesterday, so I might as well continue blowing it for the weekend." I don't know why I do that.

Ann

I do that as well. I have been fairly ambivalent about following a diet this week. When I get busy at work, monitoring my intake really goes out the window. Not that I necessarily have more, I just don't plan my meals and it can be really hit or miss. It was also like that during the weekend, when I just did not feel like calculating calories or preparing healthy meals, etc. Let's call it the doldrums of dieting. A swift wind will kick in at any time :rolleyes:

At the moment, I am vacillating between eating ice cream and exercising. I am fairly certain exercise will win, but I am going to cling to the fantasy for a few more minutes.

Kay - those big RCI ships look like heaps of fun. :D

Good Morning all!! I'm up bright and early today for study group.

And im down .4 pounds!! Which I super happy about since I haven't shown a loss in like 2 weeks.

My body is feeling a little tighter, so thats something.

Awesome job Angie!!

Kasi - have a great time, I'm jealous!!

Have a fantastic weekend!!

:confused: Nothing to report... and I've been working-out a bit more than usual. I am very frustrated with my progress this month. I think I'm going to change some things and step it up a bit. I REALLY want to hit that 20-pounds-down mark!! :(

Kasi ~ I'm so jealous!! I would love to be on a cruise right now!! We were iced & snowed-in yesterday. It's freeeezing here today!

Hi all,

I'm down 1 pound this week to 145.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Kay - what are you going to change? Change can be good. How many calories are you eating these days?

I find it strange that since I increased my calories from 1200-1300 per day to 1400-1500 per day, weight has been coming off easier.

Thoughts on this?

Charlene

Hi all,

I find it strange that since I increased my calories from 1200-1300 per day to 1400-1500 per day, weight has been coming off easier.

Thoughts on this?

Weight loss is so funny like that. As much as people say its just calories in versus calories out, its really not that simple. Its what your body does with the calories it takes in that matters and there is really know way to know. So when you up your calories, your body reacts different. When you upped you could have added some nutrient your body was needing, who knows. Or it gave you more energy during your workouts and you burned more calories than you were before.

The point is that it isn't an exact science. Just find what works for you.

Kay, you are just hitting a slow spot, so yes, change it up. Change what you are eatting, not just the amount. Keep up with any exercise, 30 minutes most days is all you really need to lose fat, just try to start upping the intensity.

Good luck everyone!!

Hi all,

I'm down 1 pound this week to 145.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Kay - what are you going to change? Change can be good. How many calories are you eating these days?

Thoughts on this?

Charlene

Small changes in metabolic rate, and thus calorie requirement can occur due to hormones. For example, women tend to eat 100-200 more calories per day prior to their period, and there is a compensatory 5-10% increase in metabolism during that time. Also, increasing muscle mass can have small increases in metabolic rate.

I have been thinking about this a lot - especially since attending the lecture of a colleague who was reviewing a study that showed how the physical act of food restriction can forever change a person's attitude and behaviors regarding food. It makes me wonder how "dieting" can be successful in the long term. Restriction is not healthy, but neither is over-indulging. It is difficult to change attitudes toward eating - as Angie says, it feels like work. At what point does it change from work, to lifestyle?

Hmmm. Apparently feeling philosophical today. If I figure out all the answers, I will post them here. Stay tuned :rolleyes:

- Alyssa

Ashley and Alyssa,

Yes, there does seem to be a lot more to weight loss than meets the eye.

Two things that "stand out" in what you both said:

Everyone is different - got to find what works for you; and the need to change attitudes toward food, otherwise the weight will go back on.

Although I am comfortable eating the calories I (and MFP) assign myself each day, I wonder if I will eventually get tired of doing this. Within the next couple of months, I anticipate moving to "maintenance" and adding a few more calories to my day. Although this will seem easy to manage for a while, I think I will still need to track my food and weigh in weekly. I think it will always be "work" to keep the weight off for the long term. But, I think it's worth it.

Charlene

So... I was actually UP 2 pounds on Friday! :o We were iced/snowed in our home (as was the entire city) and my office was closed on Thursday... and I drank an entire 1 liter of Coke Zero late Wednesday night/Thursday... sodium, sodium, sodium... and something I NEVER do anymore.

I was flipped-out a bit Friday morning when I weighed!! So, I've been drinking tea and I switched-up our menu quite a bit ~ added some salmon, made some homemade chicken parmigiana yesterday, etc.

I was down the 2 pounds and 1 extra today. So, I'm not off track... I'm back on track, down a pound, feeling good ~ and wanted to report to others... don't get discouraged!!:D;)

Kay - great! sodium is a trickster:)

Charlene - I agree it is worth it, it can sometimes get frustrating though knowing I will always have to work at it. My husband is somewhat careful about what he eats, but being active, he can have a "cheat" food everyday. He remains slender (which is nice).

I was an overweight teen/young adult. I lost 40 lbs after college and since then have been within 10lbs of that loss. Of course, I prefer being at the lower end of that 10lbs :)

Anyway, for anyone on the weight loss journey - ultimately, I think it is worth it. I love feeling fit and having the energy to do the things I enjoy - like travel. :D

So... I was actually UP 2 pounds on Friday! :o We were iced/snowed in our home (as was the entire city) and my office was closed on Thursday... and I drank an entire 1 liter of Coke Zero late Wednesday night/Thursday... sodium, sodium, sodium... and something I NEVER do anymore.

I was flipped-out a bit Friday morning when I weighed!! So, I've been drinking tea and I switched-up our menu quite a bit ~ added some salmon, made some homemade chicken parmigiana yesterday, etc.

I was down the 2 pounds and 1 extra today. So, I'm not off track... I'm back on track, down a pound, feeling good ~ and wanted to report to others... don't get discouraged!!:D;)

Great job getting right back in there and then losing an additional pound!!! I do that same thing! I leave for Vegas this Friday for 3 nights so I am going to really try to do good this week and then not be so tough on myself while on my lil vacation. Hopefully, I will be getting in some walking.

Hi all - I found the Cruising in May thread and see that everyone gravitated over here. I was sooo excited when I saw there was a Cruise to Lose board! My husband and I will be on the Magic for a week starting May 19th. My goal is to lose 5 lbs per month. What's nice is my husband and I both are losing together so that makes it a bit easier. I'm counting points on WW and going to Curves a couple times a week. Then my husband and I try to walk 1-2 evenings a week and last weekend we actually pulled out our bicycles and rode the trails in a state park close to our home and had a blast! Ended up buying a yearly park pass so we can go out a lot more often! We actually started losing in the middle of January and have lost almost 10 lbs each!

It's so nice to have a place to talk with others and keep each other motivated! I haven't read the whole thread yet. I'll probably take the time this weekend. I'm going to school full time and have a few busy days ahead. Good luck all and can't wait to meet everyone!

Tammy

Archived