Skinny In Italy!

CupKayke

Almost 30 days until my first cruise!! Was having a good progress with my diet plan eating clean for a week (and running with a bad knee) but damn!! :mad: I had a molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream because of bad mood today

I felt soooo good when i had it but very guilty afterwards....

Hey everyone ~ thanks for the encouraging comments! I feel like I'm limping back on track now. I'm at work today with my water, yogurt & grapefruit.

Jason's Mom ~ you need to give yourself a break!! You just had major surgery AND you are still healing AND I doubt your doctor would want you on a diet!! :eek: Be good to yourself so you can be healthy on the cruise.

We have 33 days until vacation so I've updated my weight loss on My Fitness Pal and I'm hoping to say I've lost 20 pounds by the time April 27th rolls around. March isn't over yet but I feel like it is... it was a bad-bad month for me.

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend. I didn't make great food choices, but I worked out like always.

Nice to see people getting back on track, I think I should start doing so with the food.

Let's end March off with a bang. Its not over yet, so lets get it together and roll into April on the right track!!

Looks like I am not the only one with stress and excuses...LOL :D

I have 54 days til I cruise and MUST lose a minimum of 10 pounds! I brought proper food items to work with me so I won't be tempted to eat out or grab something bad.

Things I brought with me...Banana, 2 hard boiled eggs, lean deli turkey, laughing cow cheese wedge, Special K pop chips (15 chips is 55 calories), and I have a Lean Cuisine Entree in the freezer here at the office.

I need to run out and buy more fruit on my lunch...

I have a "how to burn 100 calories" list right in front of me and I will do that 2 times during my work day today!!

If anyone is interested in that it is: Do 40 jumping jacks, 30 crunches, 20 squats & 10 pushups! You just burned 100 calories!! My goal is to do that twice a day Mon - Friday...just getting up from my desk and doing it!

I am still trying to work myself up on the Elliptical machine...15 minutes and I am dying...hoping to do 20 minutes each night...

Here we go!!!!

The elliptical definitely takes some building! My very first time I was done after two minutes! Lol Soon you'll be up to a hour with no problems! ;)

Thanks for sharing the 100 calories tip.

I'm going to reunite with the gym this week. :cool:

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend. I didn't make great food choices, but I worked out like always.

Nice to see people getting back on track, I think I should start doing so with the food.

Let's end March off with a bang. Its not over yet, so lets get it together and roll into April on the right track!!

Good Idea!!! We have almost a week of March left...let's use it to our advantage!

I love the idea of this board!

I'm doing mostly a high-protein diet. I've lost about 6 lbs in the past 6 weeks...no real record-setting or anything! My cruise is on May 17 on Carnival Sunshine and I'd love to lose 15 more before then. I haven't tried My Fitness Pal dot com but I guess I'd better :) I use the Lose It app. Sometimes :)

Hugs to all! xx

I'm doing mostly a high-protein diet. I've lost about 6 lbs in the past 6 weeks...no real record-setting or anything! My cruise is on May 17 on Carnival Sunshine and I'd love to lose 15 more before then. I haven't tried My Fitness Pal dot com but I guess I'd better :) I use the Lose It app. Sometimes :)

Hugs to all! xx

Welcome Aboard!! :) Some of us on here are on the May 4th Carnival Legend cruise out of Venice!! I'm back on track and doing lots of fruits & vegetables and exercising this week. I feel better already!! 31 days!!

Hugs to all! xx

I cruise on May 18th on the Carnival Elation...looks like lots of May folks! I am using the My Fitness Pal app...and am actually exercising this week!

I am eating more protein as well and trying to limit my carbs...hard for me!

Ugh...:confused: I logged my food, counted my calories and exercised more than usual this week...no weight loss...:mad: I am an inch smaller in the waist, but gee... I am sort of disappointed in the numbers on the scale not moving!!

Gonna stay positive and keep trucking along!!

Hope everyone has a good weigh in and a Happy Easter!

No loss for me either.

But take that inch summer girl that is awesome!! Way more important than the scale.

After all, its about being healthy and looking good. So the measurements are way more important than the number!!

Ugh...:confused: I logged my food, counted my calories and exercised more than usual this week...no weight loss...:mad: I am an inch smaller in the waist, but gee... I am sort of disappointed in the numbers on the scale not moving!!

Gonna stay positive and keep trucking along!!

Hope everyone has a good weigh in and a Happy Easter!

I lost another pound this week, but definitely no inches. If anything I'm gaining those. Afraid to try on the pants that I got for the cruise (Mom said "why don't you wait a couple weeks to do that" - so it's visible and not just me feeling it). Started doing more active range of motion yesterday and boy am I feeling it today - I feel like $#!+.

On a good note, less than 5 weeks till I leave for cruise:D.

Hey guys just found this post by accident....wish I had found it a couple f months ago as have Ben oing it alone since Christmas. However with lots of walking and lo fat diet I had lost about 6lb.

This week I haven't been able to walk.....or eat ( much) as I had my wisdom teeth out and I have lost 3.5lb.......if only I had known to wire up my jaw before:D

Anyway will be back walking this week....and I think I will stick to the minuscule meals as well - I might just Make target!:o

Well ........................................................ I did it .......................................... tried on the pants I got for the cruise :(. ....................................... Looks like I will be wearing jeans on this cruise :o.

Cupkayke: Thanks for the kind words higher up on this page. I go back and read them over. It helps. Thanks:)

Welcome Redned we are all just trying to get healthy slowly but surely :)

@Kay - great work getting back on track!! Still plenty of time.

@Stacey - Don't sweat it. Just get your shoulder healthy, and there is still over a month. And if you don't get to wear them oh well, just find something comfortable :)

I'm back from Australia - and gained 2 lbs over the last 2 weeks :mad: I'm sure it could be worse, but the bad part was that I was making an effort not to gain - so avoided yummy stuff like donuts - yet still gained. I do not do well in terms of weight outside of my routine - but life would be pretty boring if we didn't shake it up now and then :D

On a good note - It was a fun trip with the family, great weather and I learned a ton of useful stuff in class, so I will savour the good moments.

Fall is beautiful right now and I shall get back on track - starting with a bit of surf today. I just downloaded the Zombies Run! app for running which is awesome - so much fun (for running anyway).

Good wishes to the new folks and for all who continue to make the effort!

Heads up!! We are not gonna get all "negative Nelly"!! I didn't eat well over the weekend...Easter cooking...and ate out 3 times! :( But I am back at it today at work! I brought my fruit, tuna, hard boiled eggs, Progresso Tomato soup and water!

I have 6 more Mondays til I cruise...I have got to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks!

Hi ladies,

it´s just 4 more weeks until I´m in Florida, we will board our cruise on May 1st.

My weight is not developing as I hoped, I try to stay motivated and do my sport.

If I won´t see a result on the scale I´m trying to at least see a result in my clothes.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter holiday. We are enjoying the first shy rays of sunshine. It´s still cold but at least not raining or snowing.

Take care and come back with anything you want to share.

I´m de-clustering today, later there will be a yoga session in my living room :) Just me and my yoga dvd.

All the best from good old Germany,

kasi

Hello all! I'm so sorry -- it seems like it has been forever since I was on this thread. But I did take the time to get caught up on everyone and see who all has joined us anew.

It seems many of us are kind of finding that countdown to our cruise a little bittersweet! I don't look it as "Oh yeah, I have 45 days until my cruise!" I see it as "Oh crud, I have only 45 days left to get all this weight off of me before I cruise!" We are all so hard on ourselves!

I seem to ebb and flow -- as usual in my life -- with this whole health journey. I did so great last week. I went to my weigh in on Friday and found out I was down 12 pounds for the month of March. Then I promptly met some friends for happy hour, ate bad food, drank too much wine and went all downhill from there! The bad food continued through to Sunday. Ugh! I purposely have not gotten on the scale because I know it's going to reflect all the bad I have done to myself.

But I've learned -- all I can do is get back on the horse. And for me that horse means eating better, drinking my fluids, tracking on MFP.

My goal at the beginning of this journey (early January? Yikes!) was to try to lose 30 pounds by my May 18 cruise. Heck, I found I can lose 12 in a month, if I put my mind to it. There's no reason why I can't lose another 12 before May. So I won't hit the 30 I was hoping for. The reality is, I need to keep this up even AFTER I get back from my cruise. This isn't a one time deal.

Trudge on!

Ann

Hello all! I'm so sorry -- it seems like it has been forever since I was on this thread. But I did take the time to get caught up on everyone and see who all has joined us anew.

It seems many of us are kind of finding that countdown to our cruise a little bittersweet! I don't look it as "Oh yeah, I have 45 days until my cruise!" I see it as "Oh crud, I have only 45 days left to get all this weight off of me before I cruise!" We are all so hard on ourselves!

I seem to ebb and flow -- as usual in my life -- with this whole health journey. I did so great last week. I went to my weigh in on Friday and found out I was down 12 pounds for the month of March. Then I promptly met some friends for happy hour, ate bad food, drank too much wine and went all downhill from there! The bad food continued through to Sunday. Ugh! I purposely have not gotten on the scale because I know it's going to reflect all the bad I have done to myself.

But I've learned -- all I can do is get back on the horse. And for me that horse means eating better, drinking my fluids, tracking on MFP.

My goal at the beginning of this journey (early January? Yikes!) was to try to lose 30 pounds by my May 18 cruise. Heck, I found I can lose 12 in a month, if I put my mind to it. There's no reason why I can't lose another 12 before May. So I won't hit the 30 I was hoping for. The reality is, I need to keep this up even AFTER I get back from my cruise. This isn't a one time deal.

Trudge on!

Ann

12 pounds in the month is so great!!! You should feel really good about that one for sure!!

I have 10 pounds to lose by May 18...and they are the toughest 10 pounds of my life! I can bloat and put on 3 pounds and have to literally starve to take off 1! It is very frustrating, but I am just taking it one day at a time.

Trudge on!

Ann

12 Pounds is awesome for a month!! And you can't ruin it all in one weekend, so just keep right at it :)

I'm sure you will do great.

Hope everyone is back on the wagon after Easter :D

I irritated my IT band on my 8 mile run on sunday and could barely walk yesterday. I was scared it was going to ruin my training, but it is feeling much better today. Going to back off on the running a bit and row instead for the rest of the week.

Talk again soon!! Remember, "Just keep swimming.." :)

Prior to some of Carnival's problems :o I never would have thought of this... but now we are planning to take some snacks in our suitcase. We are also traveling pre and post cruise and may or may not be near a reasonably priced restaurant at times so I'm going to stick a few "hold us over" snacks in the suitcase.

Any ideas for anything semi-teeny-bit-maybe healthy?? These need to be items that can travel well - in two giant 44-pound suitcases!

Here is my list of maybes so far...

*Almonds/cashews (purchased)

*Granola bars/cereal bars/smores bars/some bar

*Twizzlers

*Beef jerky

...and absolutely NO Peanut M&M's! ;)

Prior to some of Carnival's problems :o I never would have thought of this... but now we are planning to take some snacks in our suitcase. We are also traveling pre and post cruise and may or may not be near a reasonably priced restaurant at times so I'm going to stick a few "hold us over" snacks in the suitcase.

Any ideas for anything semi-teeny-bit-maybe healthy?? These need to be items that can travel well - in two giant 44-pound suitcases!

*Twizzlers

*Beef jerky

I would say those Meal Replacement type bars (sort of like protein bars)...they have protein and fiber...keep you full longer and not full of sugar and carbs.

We pack a small cooler for the car so we don't have to stop for junk continuously.

*Twizzlers

*Beef jerky

Haha, on the peanut M&M's

We plan to bring jerky and these things called Pop'd Kerns. Its like half popped popcorn. So delicious. Kind of high in calories, but its just popcorn, salt, and oil. Nothing wrong with that!! We get them online.

Beyong that, i have no idea. I ordered a gift basket thing for my husband from bon voyage and it should hold us over on any snacking needs. When we run out though I'm hunting you down ;)

Archived