COD package from NCL

RobinSie

We had some very choppy at sea days on our Epic 12/1 trip. Many people were suffering from motion sickness, my 6 year old son included. He wound up throwing up in Recess one night. I was told I had to take him to the ship's Dr. (at no charge) in case it was norovirus. The Dr. took one look, asked if he had any other symptoms and sent us away saying it was just motion sickness. I have no qualms with this procedure at all...in fact, I'm glad they are being prudent. My issue is that they had changed his clothing and WOULD NOT let us take his with us. I was told they had to be "tested" and laundered by the ship laundry...ok, I can live with that. Come time for us to disembark, they did not have them ready because the machine they use for "this kind of job" was broken. They asked for our address and said they would send them to us. A month later, they have finally arrived, but sent COD for $12.46. No mention that we would have to pay to have them shipped. It's not a lot of money and I gave the FEDEX driver a check so I could have the clothes, but after spending thousands of dollars with them...REALLY????? I question their thinking on this one.

We had some very choppy at sea days on our Epic 12/1 trip. Many people were suffering from motion sickness, my 6 year old son included. He wound up throwing up in Recess one night. I was told I had to take him to the ship's Dr. (at no charge) in case it was norovirus. The Dr. took one look, asked if he had any other symptoms and sent us away saying it was just motion sickness. I have no qualms with this procedure at all...in fact, I'm glad they are being prudent. My issue is that they had changed his clothing and WOULD NOT let us take his with us. I was told they had to be "tested" and laundered by the ship laundry...ok, I can live with that. Come time for us to disembark, they did not have them ready because the machine they use for "this kind of job" was broken. They asked for our address and said they would send them to us. A month later, they have finally arrived, but sent COD for $12.46. No mention that we would have to pay to have them shipped. It's not a lot of money and I gave the FEDEX driver a check so I could have the clothes, but after spending thousands of dollars with them...REALLY????? I question their thinking on this one.

Interesting. I agree that you shouldn't have had to pay for the clothes to be shipped. I would be calling NCL Customer Care about this and asking them for a reimbursement. Shouldn't have even gotten to this point.

I'd rather pay the 12.50 than an onboard doctor bill. Really your child is alive and well and your balking over some inconvenience and $12.50. And lets not forget the lab test coat at around 450 you didn't have to pay.

Please tell me what I'm missing.

I knew my son just had an issue with the motion and so did the doctor, who gave him a note that he could return to Recess the next day (the incident happened at 10pm). If the doctor released him go back to an area with 200 children (and I let the staff know within half an hour of the incident), then there's no real reason to test his clothes. Also, the fact that they had to ship them to me because their machine was down was not my fault. I offered to take them as is, but they refused, instead saying they would ship them.

I knew my son just had an issue with the motion and so did the doctor, who gave him a note that he could return to Recess the next day (the incident happened at 10pm). If the doctor released him go back to an area with 200 children (and I let the staff know within half an hour of the incident), then there's no real reason to test his clothes. Also, the fact that they had to ship them to me because their machine was down was not my fault. I offered to take them as is, but they refused, instead saying they would ship them.

Agree with you!

Just one more reason I will not sail with NCL again.

Not quite sure I get it. You sailed with NCL once almost 6 years ago. Are you saying you had a similar issue way back then?

Sounds like you favor Canival and appear to have a cruise line you like. I think thats great.

It's $12.50. I'd file it in the "that was a bit odd" folder and move on to another fun vacation. Hardly worth any negative energy.

Happy New Year!! :)

I agree. For $12.50 I might make a quick phone call but most likely wouldn't even do that.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather pay the 12.50 than an onboard doctor bill. Really your child is alive and well and your balking over some inconvenience and $12.50. And lets not forget the lab test coat at around 450 you didn't have to pay.

Please tell me what I'm missing.

It would be one thing if the OP had decided to take his/her child to the ship's doctor on their own and requested they run a lab test. In this case NCL requested it in case it was Noro (which it wasn't). The OP also did not ask them to keep and test their child's clothes and it isn't their fault that NCL's machine was broken as they didn't want NCL to keep the clothes in the first place.

I totally agree with you here. The $12.50 is minimal and isn't really the issue I am sure. It is the principle behind it. I love NCL but think they are wrong in this situation and you should be getting your $12.50 back.

It would be one thing if the OP had decided to take his/her child to the ship's doctor on their own and requested they run a lab test. In this case NCL requested it in case it was Noro (which it wasn't). The OP also did not ask them to keep and test their child's clothes and it isn't their fault that NCL's machine was broken as they didn't want NCL to keep the clothes in the first place.

I totally agree with you here. The $12.50 is minimal and isn't really the issue I am sure. It is the principle behind it. I love NCL but think they are wrong in this situation and you should be getting your $12.50 back.

I agree with this.

Oh that makes me nervous. We're on the Epic Saturday. My sister got sick on our first cruise last year but was fine after taking medication. I'm hoping the medicine can keep her well in rough water.

Why did they need to hang on to/test/launder the clothing? My sister didn't have to do that. Was it because it happened in the kids club?

I agree I'd feel a littld weird receiving the COD package. Strange indeed.

Not quite sure I get it. You sailed with NCL once almost 6 years ago. Are you saying you had a similar issue way back then?

Sounds like you favor Canival and appear to have a cruise line you like. I think thats great.

Thank you RV for the appropriate response to Trudle's comment. They are definately entitled to cruise with who they want.

Happy New Years to you.

Tony.

A perfect example of getting nickle and dimed by a cruise line. Ridiculous.

More like a mistake. I would bet the person sending the clothes misunderstood or did not know the circumstances.

If it were me I would be grateful for the validation NCL gave my child was not ill with something contagious, on their nickle and I am making a huge assumption here that NCL had to clean up the mess. For me, I would consider the $12.50 minimal and as my mom

Taught me, not sweat the small stuff.

The cruise itself was great----the dinning room service was another thing. And it was for the entire cruise---not just one day, and most things don't bother me. So, tell me an NCL to sail, that has good food and service and I will think about trying it again.

Happy New Year

The cruise itself was great----the dinning room service was another thing. And it was for the entire cruise---not just one day, and most things don't bother me. So, tell me an NCL to sail, that has good food and service and I will think about trying it again.

Happy New Year

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. My two cruises had great food and excellent service in my opinion.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Happy New Year

I would appreciate it if you would just stick to your other cruise line and enjoy them. I don't think at this point that anything NCL could do would be enough for you.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Archived