Tell me about the new Zuiderdam cruise director?

tripman

I, too, am surprised someone has not posted who the new CD is on the Zuiderdam since Dane Butcher left for another job on May 21st. He was really great. We first met him on he Ryndam in 2003 and have since cruised with him on the Oosterdam and the Zuiderdam.

Hope someone answers your question - all they need to do is read either their daily program or the their cruise log.

Well, he got off the ship when we did and the new one must have started with the current cruise. I don't recall anyone saying who was going to be the new cruise director on our cruise.

If they decided to promote one of the assistant cruise directors, either Drew or Chris.. (sorry, don't remember their last names), they were both great!

Well, he got off the ship when we did and the new one must have started with the current cruise. I don't recall anyone saying who was going to be the new cruise director on our cruise.

Did Dane Butcher leave HAL (resigned) or is he just taking a break? Does anyone know?

Take care and be safe!

John

here's what was printed on the june 2 daily program:

CRUISE DIRECTOR BOBBY BROUGHTON

Bobby has been a part of the Entertainment Industry for over 26 years now. Most recently he was seen on the M/S Amsterdam as the lead male singer for Holland America Cruise Line. As far as cruise ships go, he has performed all over the world for Cunard, Norwegian, Disney, and Crystal Cruise Lines as the lead singer, as well as Company Manager, and singer/dancer. Bobby comes from Dallas, Texas but calls Orlando, Florida home. For the past several years, he has worked for Walt Disney World in Orlando, singing and dancing in the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, at Fort Wilderness in the Magic Kingdom, and has also been a part of "The Voices of Liberty" at Epcot, Disney's top vocal group.

Bobby holds a B.A. Degree from Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, and got his start as a featured soloist with the Natchez, Mississippi Opera Company. From there he was one of 3 back-up singers for Andy Williams in Branson, Missouri. A year later, he was hired by Jean Ann Ryan Productions, and spent several years working for Norwegian Cruise Line as the featured singer. While he was in Dallas, he had the honor of singing with The Vocal Majority, an International Championship Men's Barbershop Chorus. Bobby has literally traveled all over the world singing and dancing, and is excited to call the M/S Zuiderdam home!

While it's obvious he's new and needs to settle into the role, he did a very credible job during the 5/28 sailing.

Bobby was decent for his first cruise as a cruise director. He was obviously nervous (which he even admitted) but in general I didnt have any concerns or problems with the job he and his staff did. It felt for the most part that his staff was all seasoned veterans of cruising and this helped make up for some of the little jitters that Bobby had.

Only one issue with regards to the cruise staff that I found. With regards to disembarkation they make mention of going to the Library in the morning to clear customs but what they fail to mention is that you only need to visit customs if you have gone over your limits. Could have slept an extra hour or two but if that is my worst complaint then I really dont have much to complain about.

Archived