Westerdam Room SC6177

cruisin'bulldog

Hi all,

Has anyone ever stayed in SC6177 on the Westerdam? My parents will be staying in this room in January and I wanted to see if I could get any helpful tips or extra information about it for them. It's their first time on HAL and they are very excited.

Also (this question is more for me than for them), what category of room is this? They told me they were sailing in a Superior Verandah Suite, but now that I have seen their cabin assignment, this looks more like a Deluxe Verandah Suite to me. I'm sure they will be happy either way, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks in advance!

I am staying inthe same Deluxe suite on the Zuiderdam - it is a aft wrap around balcony. Check the thread of the (Joni's thread) HAL cabins on the first page of the HAL forum. Scroll down to the Westerdam and see the picture of the 6th level. Then you can scroll down to the actual pictures. If not on that ship the Zuiderdam is the same.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1054590

CT

The only downside to the wrap-arounds on deck 6 is the closets are in the entrance way rather than along the side of the bed. This really reduces the hanging storage in those cabins compared to the other corner suites above and below. We loved our cruise and the balcony space, but storage for a 10 days cruise was an issue.;)

,,, but storage for a 10 days cruise was an issue.
On longer cruises we don't try to unpack everything on the first day - we take out just what we need for the first 4 or 5 days, and the rest stays in the suitcase under the bed until needed. When that comes out, things we've worn in the first days go back in to make room for the new. Sometimes things never make it out of the suitcase! ;)

Hi all' date='

Has anyone ever stayed in SC6177 on the Westerdam? My parents will be staying in this room in January and I wanted to see if I could get any helpful tips or extra information about it for them. It's their first time on HAL and they are very excited.

Also (this question is more for me than for them), what category of room is this? They told me they were sailing in a Superior Verandah Suite, but now that I have seen their cabin assignment, this looks more like a Deluxe Verandah Suite to me. I'm sure they will be happy either way, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks in advance![/quote']

As I said in the Title: Photos Show Better Than Words can describe:)

Here is a link to photos and description of your parents BEAUTIFUL and AWESOME Stateroom!!! I do my best to Book one of these Aft Wrap Around Staterooms (of which there are only 10 each on 6 HAL Ships) Also, to me, and many many others, THESE are the Penthouse:)

Click on the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page. SC 6177 is the last stateroom and you can click on each photo to see it full sized. You can also look at SC 6166, which is the mirror image of SC 6177: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

Joanie

The only downside to the wrap-arounds on deck 6 is the closets are in the entrance way rather than along the side of the bed. This really reduces the hanging storage in those cabins compared to the other corner suites above and below. We loved our cruise and the balcony space, but storage for a 10 days cruise was an issue.;)

Actually this is not quite true... Let me explain....

While it does cut down on the closet space next to the bed, it more than makes up for it in the Dressing Room, where there are 3 full length closets. I keep my things in those closets and let hubby have the ones in the stateroom itself by the bed:)

Joanie

What a great cabin they got. I think they will really enjoy their room and nice deck. Here is the stateroom amenities they get by staying in a Deluxe Veranda Suite:

Use of the exclusive Neptune Lounge and personal concierge service*

Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation

Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation

Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

Cold hors d’oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

Cocktail party with ship’s officers

Priority boarding for tendered ports of call

Special disembarkation service

Priority dining and seating requests

Exclusive daily breakfast service

High tea service in suite on request

Elegant wooden clothing brush, lint remover and shoehorn for keeping clothing immaculate

Fragrant bath salts and exfoliating loofah mitt for an invigorating shower experience

Archived