Cruise Director on Epic?

luvdznee

Current CD is Ken Mills

On a previous Norwegian Sky sailing (b2b2b) there was a Cruise Director known as 'Big Ken', and I never heard, or researched, his last name.

Are these one-in-the-same person?? :confused:

This picture may not be of much/any assistance, as I personally saw zero resemblance between it and the person appearing at the theatre shows. The other photos I took of him onstage probably would be frowned upon on this board.

CD%20Big%20Ken-L.jpg

On a previous Norwegian Sky sailing (b2b2b) there was a Cruise Director known as 'Big Ken', and I never heard, or researched, his last name.

Are these one-in-the-same person?? :confused:

This picture may not be of much/any assistance, as I personally saw zero resemblance between it and the person appearing at the theatre shows. The other photos I took of him onstage probably would be frowned upon on this board.

CD%20Big%20Ken-L.jpg

Yes it is the same person

Haha, why the disappointment? Don, you seem to have the best info on NCL around these boards!

Thanks bunches for the vote of confidence, but I can truly say I'm one of the last people you/most should look to for quality NCL info and updates. I'm still feeling my way around this cruise line (albeit at a rapid pace :)), and I still have to do a lot of research from the much-more savvy peeps here on this board, for NCL-specific questions. I'm very grateful they are around. :)

My disappointment is due to having been onboard with a particular CD for three consecutive sailings, and personally feeling that I was seeing a bad carbon copy performance with near-zero connection to the passenger audience. I got to know several of the entertainment staff during those days (and continue to stay in touch with several). They did their best to pick up the slack.

I've done a lot of cruising, and that particular situation just stood out from the rest, and not for all the right reasons. No big deal, for sure.

Ken was fun on my recent Gem cruise. He has no sense of embarrassment.

Perhaps I'll enjoy him onboard EPIC next month. Presence of CD is not nearly as much on EPIC as it is on Norwegian Sky.

Yep, he did the 'Fountains' crew routine, so props to Ken for putting himself out there for that experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Don I felt the same way about Ken on our most recent sailing. The connection just wasn't there. He was at our Meet and Greet, made some tasteless jokes, and that was really about it. The rest of the time, he was virtually silent and he was never at any of the shows we attended. Just blah.

Don I felt the same way about Ken on our most recent sailing. The connection just wasn't there. He was at our Meet and Greet, made some tasteless jokes, and that was really about it. The rest of the time, he was virtually silent and he was never at any of the shows we attended. Just blah.

Interesting. On my December cruise, I probably saw more of him than I did of the CDs on my last three cruises put together.

I was just on the EPIC and unless that is a very old photo , imho that isn't the same Ken Mills.

This was our first cruise on NCL so I don't exactly feel qualified to judge how he is in comparison to other NCL CDs. The best I can say about him is he has beautiful blue eyes. I didn't care for his style at all; I felt he wasn't present at many night time events that could have used a jump start, found his comments and critiques as a judge rather mean in the dance contest.

I've actually rebooked a cruise on another line as the CD was fabulous so maybe it isn't fair to compare. But while there have been just some ok CD s in our travels, I've never really got the negative vibe I picked up with this CD though I can't specifically say why I felt this way. Maybe just a personality clash.

That being said.... In no way did it impact the great experience we had on the EPIC!!

Does anyone know how often the CD's on NCL are rotated off? We are going on the Epic in Nov and it sure would be nice to see a CD schedule or get the name of our CD..

I think that most of them are 4 months on 2 months off. There are several that who act go from ship to ship in "Relief". I do not think that CD schedules are posted. Keep in mind, that a lot of changes are coming with 4 new ships coming on line.

Archived