Updated: Cruise Don't Forget List

Tandoorii

I sat here and read the list and I honestly have to say I don't take about 75% of what is on the list. We are going in Nov. and this will be our 11th cruise and I pack less each time. We are going on the Norwegien Sun and we are only taking one large suitcase, since I don't have to pack the fancy duds( I hated to pack his suit). We only take the digital camera and dh has a lot of charged batteries and I also take a pack of regulars ones. He has two big memory cards. We don't take cell phones, laptops or anything else. I am on vacation so if anyone wants to talk to us they have to wait till we are home. dh is a cell phone junky and I couldn't care less about them. He gota have his phone, but I put my foot down when we cruise. The list was great and I did get some ideas like room spray or freshner and small nite light or flash light. All I can say these boards as something else.

Here's one more item I never leave home without....learned about it back in the days when I was a flight attendant-bring a flashlight and pack it with your carry on. You can get one of those nice little finger sized "Mag-lite" that works well.

You never know when the power will go out or when you will be stuck in the dark.

Our first cruise, we lost ALL power for the better part of a day. Since we had an inside room- the flash light really came in handy!!!

Happy Packing!

The little LED lights are good. I have a couple I've picked up as handouts at tradeshows. Fits in pocket or on keychain - bout the size of a stick of gum and a bit thicker.

I sat here and read the list and I honestly have to say I don't take about 75% of what is on the list.

Anything above 50% would probably require another bag! After 22 cruises, I've settled into my standard packing list for the Caribbean and Meditereanean, and another for Alaska. Keeping it an Excel file allows me to update and modify. When I return from a cruise, I look at the list I used and make notes for things I want to change. It just takes a second.

For instance, I just added a champagne bottle stopper so we can save our cabin bottle for the next night. We dont usually kill the whole bottle on the first night. The small champagne splits are nice, but they're very pricey, and you cant get them in our favorite labels.

Anyway, everybody send me your ideas about packing your luggage and the things you bring along. They will enevitably be useful to someone.

Bon Voyage,

I would love to see your list for the Med... we are finally going! Any planning advice would be most welcome!:)

We're not supposed to put emails in posts. But I wrote a review of Summit recently and posted to Cruise Critic. If you go there and look for Tandoorii, my email is in the review. Shoot me a message asking about the packing lists and I'll send back.

Anything above 50% would probably require another bag! After 22 cruises, I've settled into my standard packing list for the Caribbean and Meditereanean, and another for Alaska. Keeping it an Excel file allows me to update and modify. When I return from a cruise, I look at the list I used and make notes for things I want to change. It just takes a second.

For instance, I just added a champagne bottle stopper so we can save our cabin bottle for the next night. We dont usually kill the whole bottle on the first night. The small champagne splits are nice, but they're very pricey, and you cant get them in our favorite labels.

Anyway, everybody send me your ideas about packing your luggage and the things you bring along. They will enevitably be useful to someone.

Bon Voyage,

What a great idea, I'll have to add a stopper. I also like the idea of your different lists for different climates and am going to start one for my upcoming Alaska trip. I also noted that you're in Spfld, Il, so am I. Won't it be nice to get out of this horrible heat??!! I'm picturing iceburgs to keep cool :D

Happy Cruising, Sue

am going to start one for my upcoming Alaska trip. I also noted that you're in Spfld, Il, so am I. Won't it be nice to get out of this horrible heat??!! I'm picturing iceburgs to keep cool :D

Happy Cruising, Sue

I have a men's and women's packing list for Alaska. We just took a group of 31 people there last July. Read my review of the Summit on Cruise Critic. My email is there at the bottom. Send me a note and I'll reply with some info I've collected.

Cheers,

John

I have this list on my computer as an Excel file that has places where you can check off as you go. It is separated as carry-on liquids, carry-on non-liquids, checked luggage with clothes for male and female. As I read these forums, I add to my list. And as I get ready for each trip (not just cruises) I "save as" a file for that particular trip and just update the file by deleting things I don't want to take. Just let me know if you want a copy and THANKS to all for your packing wisdom.

I would love a copy if you wouldn't mind Hume83 at comcast dot net! Thanks so much. I am making my list now for western caribbean in September!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Duct tape?

Luggage breaks, ductape it. Kids get noisy, ducttape 'em. Gained a few pounds before formal night...ductape, works better than a girdle. Even Miss America contestants pack ductape, it is the universal fix it.

Kelley :)

countdown.pl?name=&date=10-7-2007&image=panamacanal&text=Can

Luggage breaks, ductape it. Kids get noisy, ducttape 'em. Gained a few pounds before formal night...ductape, works better than a girdle. Even Miss America contestants pack ductape, it is the universal fix it.

Kelley :)

hell yeah.. great stuff.. and I know who to go to to get some on the majesty...

It repairs ANYTHING!!

If only the Captain of the titanic had had some..........

• 4 months later...

Great List....thanks....I couldn't stop laughing at the ""Some nice people leave sunglasses, books, hats and towels on the lounge chairs for your enjoyment. Please feel free to take them!!!" If only the ships and resorts would catch your drift and post these signs throughout the pool/beach areas, I am sure there would be a lot less "sharing" going on!!!!