Carry On Question

mimiluvs2cruz

Hi, I took my first cruise 2 years ago. We are going on another one in May. I took pop in my carry on suitcase. I learned as I sat on the lido deck that "experienced cruisers" carried on cases of water on their shoulders and just a whole case of pop in their hand. My question is we are taking 8 people in our group. Can we use a little luggage dollie and strap some cases of water and pop to that and walk through the terminal in Galveston? We are thinking of having 1 person in our group take it for all of us and then we each have our own carryon bag.

Just wasn't sure if this is ok or not.

Thanks for your help. (our ship is the Carnival Magic) ;)

You need to do some research on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

on what Carnival allows to be brought on.

There is NO reason to bring on a case of water. The water on board is about as good as it gets, in both taste and purity. Bringing on a case is a waste of time and money, and just contributes to environmental damage. One or two bottles that can be refilled is a good idea. But a case is a waste.

DW even agrees to this, and she is a bottled water fanatic.

Save some effort. They have water on the ship. Pretty much an endless supply.

Pop......it's hard to imagine drinking enouph pop to warrant the effort, but some people drink a lot of it. You're gonna want to split it up for embarkation, I think.

Hi, I took my first cruise 2 years ago. We are going on another one in May. I took pop in my carry on suitcase. I learned as I sat on the lido deck that "experienced cruisers" carried on cases of water on their shoulders and just a whole case of pop in their hand. My question is we are taking 8 people in our group. Can we use a little luggage dollie and strap some cases of water and pop to that and walk through the terminal in Galveston? We are thinking of having 1 person in our group take it for all of us and then we each have our own carryon bag.

Just wasn't sure if this is ok or not.

Thanks for your help. (our ship is the Carnival Magic) ;)

You could I suppose, but the dolly with all the water and pop would have to be dismantled to fit through the scanners. Everything that's carried on has to be able to fit through scanners approximately the size of airport carry-ons. I can't imagine one person being responsible for all of it for the eight of you. It would be far easier (and fairer, more reasonable) for everyone to take one case to divvy up the weight and work. As others have mentioned, the water onboard is very good, at least in our experience. We only bring on a bit of pop/soda to have in our cabin and of our preference. We also bring club soda for the cabin, but only a few bottles of water and replenish with icy cold ship water as needed.

beachchick

Archived