QM2 in Brooklyn

Runners

I heard from authoritative sources that the ship sails at 9 PM. Delayed due to NORO VIRUS cleanup.

DECK CHAIR

Thanks deck chair, yes, that's what was relayed on the thread about the outbreak last night. Glad to hear there's been no further delay...must be pretty darn cold at the pier tonight :eek: Regards, S.

Since this is the first time in many years that I am not doing a winter crossing and because I also have friends on board I'm following their departure closely. Given that they will be delayed by approximately 4 hours does anyone know if Cunard is providing any sustenance at the cruise terminal? Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?

And once on board will the dining rooms be open with hours adjusted or will everyone make a dash to the Kings Court?

Since this is the first time in many years that I am not doing a winter crossing and because I also have friends on board I'm following their departure closely. Given that they will be delayed by approximately 4 hours does anyone know if Cunard is providing any sustenance at the cruise terminal? Has anyone else experienced a similar situation?

And once on board will the dining rooms be open with hours adjusted or will everyone make a dash to the Kings Court?

In transit passengers were being taken to the Marriott for lunch. I don't know about embarking guests. We got off this morning and while waiting for our transfer to leave we saw embarking passengers starting to arrive at 9:15am!!!

Hello, Tandem, I well know that sinking feeling that you currently have. (Trust me there is no pun intended!) Both Chuck and I feel as if we should be onboard now as we had been from 2009 until last year at the start of one or the other Cunarder's World Cruise.

Frank

we saw embarking passengers starting to arrive at 9:15am!!!

Wow, long wait. I hope there aren't any kennel passengers who have been there that long. Last January there were several about to board. Who would think that one should pack extra kibble?

Hi Calliope. It's unreal to not be sharing a sailaway celebration with you and Chuck.

Last I checked they haven't gotten underway yet. They must be starving! And the champagne is waiting!

Was cold up top but worth it. The couldn't have been more than 2 meters between the funnel and the bridge.

En route to Southampton. Tomorrow is definitely going to be a lecture day. So many excellent speakers lined up!

Bon Voyage, Austcruiser! I hope you're going to sleep-in tomorrow morning and order breakfast from room service:) Cheers, S.

Archived