My Stateroom Has Been Assigned - Ruby

dfen74

Good Morning. Phew, now I can stop checking the Princess website everyday :)

We are sailing on the Ruby the week of March 10th. We booked a Balcony Guarantee and have been assigned cabin R621 (BB cabin). It appears to be mid to aft (a bit more aft) and below the Horizon Court.

Seeing that this is our first time cruising, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this area of the ship from those that are familiar with it. Are the balconies on this deck covered? I have heard differing opinions on the amount of noise heard from the restaurant above.

Obviously, the cruise line rates this area pretty highly if it is classified as BB.

Now that I know our room, I really can't wait to go :D

Thanks very much.

Dave

Good for you! You know your cabin. We're sailing in less than 2 weeks and still waiting for our assignment - oh, the suspense!!

Enjoy your first cruise. You chose a great line to sail on, and a new ship, so it should be fabulous.

Do what you want to do. Don't worry about trying to do everything. Just enjoy the wonderful time and moments, so that you have plenty of memories. On your way home, make a list of things you don't want to forget for your NEXT cruise! :)

Bon Voyage!

Since you would be under a carpeted seating area, I would not expect any noise from above.
There might be a little noise from vacuuming but I wouldn't expect anything more.

The Riviera balconies are covered and have a bit of a further overhang because of Lido deck above so you will be somewhat protected from sun and rain.

We were just in cabin R604 and there was absolutely no noise!! We were worried about the same problem and were extremely pleased to find our fears were unfounded. Enjoy your cruise. You won't be spending that much time in your cabin anyhow. Balcony was covered.

Great location on a great ship! I spent 19 days on her a couple of months ago, and really enjoyed the ship. I prefer the aftward location, because it's usually pretty quiet. It's convenient to the aft elevators and stairs.

Have a wonderful first cruise!!!

We have an AE guarantee on a cruise leaving in 20 days and still no cabin assigned. The longest we waited for a cabin assignment in the past with a guarantee was 13 days before sailing and we certainly hope we find out sooner this time.

We usually choose a stateroom, but this time we decided to go with a guarantee. We sail on the Ruby in 7 days and no room assigned. Has anyone else on this cruise been assigned their rooms in the last couple of weeks? I called Princess, they told me that the room could be assigned on the day we sail !!! (not great for a planner like me)

We usually choose a stateroom, but this time we decided to go with a guarantee. We sail on the Ruby in 7 days and no room assigned. Has anyone else on this cruise been assigned their rooms in the last couple of weeks? I called Princess, they told me that the room could be assigned on the day we sail !!! (not great for a planner like me)

Have you asked on your roll call?

Sudbury here:)

We changed our booking from a selected balcony to an AE GTD cabin in October, got the cabin assignment early December. I was quite surprised it came in that soon. Our cruise is on Ruby on April 7th. We're very happy with the assignment, we got an AB mini, a little farther forward than we would have chosen ourselves, but it will be fine.

It makes you wonder how the GTD reservations really work :confused:

I think it depends upon demand. For the cruise that we are awaiting an assignment for, it was wide open when we initially booked a guarantee almost a year ago and were assigned an AA cabin almost immediately. We subsequently availed ourselves of several price reductions but for the last one we had to completely rebook the AE guarantee, losing our assigned cabin. At that point the mini suite category was pretty much booked, hence the wait for us. Princess does have cabins for all of us who are waiting, we just may not find out where they are until we show up at the port.

I booked our cruise in early September for two BG's on the Ruby, sailing the end of March. Received our room assignments at the end of November. Two BA's on Caribe :) Even my Princess planner was surprised at how fast we received our assignments.

It makes you wonder how the GTD reservations really work :confused:

We just booked a GTD today. My wife asked how it worked. The agent wasn't sure how they did it. She said possibly a computer or a dart board. Made us laugh.

Archived