Can you switch to My Time Dining once on board?

Hi!

I will be sailing on Majesty of the Seas next week, January 11th, with a group of women friends. We decided last night to go on a cruise instead of visiting Key West for the week-end and I booked and paid two SOV cabins on-line last night.

During the day today we have been going back and forth all day about what seating we want to book for our dinners, (we definitely want to have dinner together). Originally I had booked us at first seating traditional dining. After many conversations I changed my reservation to 2nd seating traditional dining, but was not able to change the second reservation. (The two women on said 2nd reservation have not called RCI to change their dinner time.)Now we are talking about doing My Time Dining.

My questions are:

Can we switch to My Time Dining on board or is that too late to make the change.( My reservation on line shows that My Time Dining is already waitlisting)

Assuming we can ask to be switched on board, should we get both reservations to the same time/seating? Or can we just leave them the way they are now until we get on board?

I know this is confusing. Any pointers will help, at least to stop all the texting I have done today.

When we sailed on the Monarch of the Seas a few months ago, they seemed almost to be begging people to switch to My Time Dining. There were even tables set up in the terminal where people could switch, and some ship's staff members were catching people as they walked by asking whether they'd like to switch.

I'm sure it varies from sailing to sailing how the availability is. If you check with the My Time Dining desk right after you board, you may have a good shot of getting it.

Go to the dining room as soon as you board - we have been able to change to MTD twice doing it this way - and it was waitlisted online.

You should be able to change the other 2 people to the same time dinner at that time also if you decide to skip MTD. ENJOY!!

Archived