Should I book now or wait till we cruise?

divinmule

So the DH and I have decided to cruise out of San Juan in Aug for his platinum cruise. We have a FCC to use for this cruise that would get us $100 OBC and if we book now there are several of the Premium balconies avaialbe at the same price as a regular balcony. So I was all ready to book....

Till I read that some folks were getting some really high OBC's if they booked while onboard. Well we cruise in about 50 days...so now I wonder if I would be shorting us out of $$$ by booking now.

I don't mind missing out on the premium balcony if the OBC is substantial... but if the difference is only going to be about $100 then I think I would just go for the better balcony.:D

If I did go ahead and book and used the Early Saver with price protection and then got onboard and saw a substantial difference, do you think I would be able to submit a price protection form?

Just sort of wondering what folks thought or what their experience had been recently with OBC's when booking onboard.

Thanks

So the DH and I have decided to cruise out of San Juan in Aug for his platinum cruise. We have a FCC to use for this cruise that would get us $100 OBC and if we book now there are several of the Premium balconies avaialbe at the same price as a regular balcony. So I was all ready to book....

Till I read that some folks were getting some really high OBC's if they booked while onboard. Well we cruise in about 50 days...so now I wonder if I would be shorting us out of $$$ by booking now.

I don't mind missing out on the premium balcony if the OBC is substantial... but if the difference is only going to be about $100 then I think I would just go for the better balcony.:D

If I did go ahead and book and used the Early Saver with price protection and then got onboard and saw a substantial difference, do you think I would be able to submit a price protection form?

Just sort of wondering what folks thought or what their experience had been recently with OBC's when booking onboard.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly you are talking about submiting for a reduced price for the cruise you are on?

Is this correct? If so not going to work as cruise is sold out so nothing to match to.

BOOK IT. I just had the same problem. I would have been sailing in 18 days when I booked my aft balcony on the Miracle. I watched them all get booked till there were only 2 left. Well I booked it. I want my balcony of choice more then any OBC. Of course this is a 15 day all the way to Hawaii, so I really wanted my aft facing balcony.:D

We just got off the Fantasy and were planning something on Sunshine or Breeze for later in the year. I talked to the onboard loyalty program staff person and if you book onboard Carnival gives you a $50.00 OBC for a 5 day cruise and $100.00 OBC for a 7+ day cruise for you and 2 friends/family if they book the same cruise within 60 days.

We just got off the Fantasy and were planning something on Sunshine or Breeze for later in the year. I talked to the onboard loyalty program staff person and if you book onboard Carnival gives you a $50.00 OBC for a 5 day cruise and $100.00 OBC for a 7+ day cruise for you and 2 friends/family if they book the same cruise within 60 days.

Is this in addition to the OBC you get when you buy a FCC and/or book onboard? Or is it the same?

Archived