Choice Privileges Points

Islandbear

OK Am I wrong here?:cool: I got an email saying my Choice Hotel Points would Expire on 12/31/2012. My wife and I decided we would trade them in for Dining Certificates. We were concerned that the certs. would also have an expiration, so we waited till the last minute to order them.

So at 7am on the 31st we logged on and....all the points were gone. This was Choice's responce.

Thank you for your email Paul,

Choice Privileges points expire on December 31st, two years from the year in which you earned them. This information is located in the rules and regulations. The points expire on December 31 and are removed from your account on December 31. You are required to use any expiring points prior to the expiration date.

Thank you for your inquiry. I appreciate your membership with Choice Privileges.

Sarah J

Email Resolution Desk:confused:

Wow, I dont normally stay at choice hotels, I got a few thousnad pts. I should check to see if they got rid of mine. To come to think of it its been a year since ive even stayed at a choice hotel.

That is so wrong they shouldnt do that if that is the case. Id start staying at a different hotel chain

PapaTwick got stung by the expiry thing. Fortunately had used a bunch, but lost probably 10,000 or so.

This is why I never stay at Choice hotels anymore, despite being quite loyal over the years. Now am mostly a Marriott gal, with gusts to Priority Club.

it just bothered me. Their response that the points expire on the 31st should actually say at midnight on the 30th.

I am tired of "Loyalty" programs with black out dates, expiring points and treating the Special Members like second class citzens.

It's Capital One for me from now on.

Archived