Seven Mile Beach - Private

MikeInThornhill

Hey Everyone -

I am sailing on Disney Fantasy with my wife and two small kids (3.5 years, 8 months) on Feb 2nd. We will be on Grand Cayman on Feb 4th. Our plan was to leave the ship and take the bus to seven mile beach, which I understand is not too far away at all.

Any advice? We are willing to book a cabana or meal at one of the local hotels if thats a good option. Also - would a private car be better than the bus? What is the bus schedule, and what currency should we have (I assume USD) ?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Michael

Take a bus or taxi to the Sea Grape/Public Beach section of Seven Mile Beach. With two small kids, a taxi is probably easiest since they're closer to the exit of the port area. (There isn't a bus schedule, and the depot is a block or so from the port. Fare is $2.50.) It's a 10-15 min ride, or thereabouts, depending on traffic, and would probably cost $5-6 US pp each way. Taxis will accept US$, but change will likely be in CI$ so have small bills.

Sea Grape has no entrance fee, there are good facilities, a restaurant, rentals (chairs, umbrellas, watersports, etc.) are available and there's a playground nearby. There are a number of other beach clubs and access points, but Sea Grape is the one that's best for families, IMO. Cayman is quite safe and it's easy to DIY a beach excursion there.

Archived