Please tell me about a Summit voyage to Bermuda

SnowshoeCat

I'm thinking of my taking the Summit to Bermuda. It will be my first cruise on Celebrity and I'm undecided. I know for some people, 7 days is "short". For me, it's a little long. I used to take longer vacations, but in the past few years I've been taking shorter, but more frequent trips. Bermuda looks lovely. There's lots of things there that interest me, so I'm sure that part of the trip will be fine.

It's the 3 sea days I'm concerned about. What kind of activities can I expect on this ship? I'm not looking to be entertained every minute. As a matter of fact, I plan on lots of relaxation. But I'm a solo traveler and do need some socializing. And, I need to keep a little busy so I'm not focused on how "long" the trip is. (Okay, I admit it. I have a cat. And for some reason, I really miss the sleepy little furball :D)

This trip just looks so nice, convenient (I can drive to port!) and good value. I'd like to feel like I'm making the right choice. Thank you - and maybe I'll see you on board!

We did this cruise last September (which was a 6 nighter) and enjoyed it but prefer the S class ships. Found the size of Summit a bit limiting.

Bermuda was beautiful and I'm glad we visited but no need to return any time soon (prefer the Caribbean).

I have a review below my signature. Unfortunately, the photos are missing as my photo hosting site is no longer active:mad:

There are lots of photos of Bermuda here:

http://s1080.beta.photobucket.com/user/librarylady19/library/Bermuda%209-2012

Sent from my iPad

I'm thinking of my taking the Summit to Bermuda. It will be my first cruise on Celebrity and I'm undecided. I know for some people, 7 days is "short". For me, it's a little long. I used to take longer vacations, but in the past few years I've been taking shorter, but more frequent trips. Bermuda looks lovely. There's lots of things there that interest me, so I'm sure that part of the trip will be fine.

It's the 3 sea days I'm concerned about. What kind of activities can I expect on this ship? I'm not looking to be entertained every minute. As a matter of fact, I plan on lots of relaxation. But I'm a solo traveler and do need some socializing. And, I need to keep a little busy so I'm not focused on how "long" the trip is. (Okay, I admit it. I have a cat. And for some reason, I really miss the sleepy little furball :D)

This trip just looks so nice, convenient (I can drive to port!) and good value. I'd like to feel like I'm making the right choice. Thank you - and maybe I'll see you on board!

Have been to Bermuda several times on Celebrity and it is my favorite trip due to the relaxation. It is unlike other cruises since you are in Bermuda for three days (used to be four) and you can get on and off the ship whenever you like. Don't have to be back at the ship at a particular time each day as the ship is leaving. Lots to do in Bermuda and they have beautiful beaches if that is your preference.

Celebrity has many activities that you can join in or you can choose to do nothing. On sea days, I enjoy taking my Ipod and Kindle, sitting in the Solarium and just relaxing.

Our daughter lives a half hour from the pier so that is another big plus for us.

I was also on this same 6 night cruise to Bermuda. I loved the Summit, and would not hesitate to sail on her again. I enjoy smaller ships and I thought the Summit was a nice mix of small ship feel, but still had a lot to entertain us.

Lots to do in Bermuda, so your time there will be filled if that is what you desire.

Diane

Archived