Glory Scenic Oceanview Cabins

cruisinbabe16

Does anyone have any pictures of one of these cabins they could share or have shared?

There are three of us looking to book one of these cabins and I would appreciate any information and knowledge that anyone may have.

We are super excited :), but also curious.:confused:

Thanks

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28373379&postcount=18

9200 holds 4 people

its one of the best ocean views. But they are located all the way forward so if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion.

Its located above the bridge and you have to keep the shades closed at night.

But if you turn out the lights in the room-- good luck with trying to see something--

I have this cabin booked for august sailing.

good luck with finding it available for your week

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in cabin 2473 on the Glory. The room was HUGE and had 2 windows. The only downside was that is was so low and aft, that you heard the thrusters while pulling into port in the morning (or any other times they were used). But if you are early risers or heavy sleepers, it shouldn't be a problem.

329961_937567964361_1921247538_o.jpg[/img]

220978_937567834621_836998901_o.jpg[/img]

257282_937567759771_1972784400_o.jpg[/img]

336100_937567674941_1628592758_o.jpg[/img]

~Steven

• 6 months later...

The pic (link) that serene56 posted is of the scenic grand oceanview. Not the scenic oceanview. Just didn't want you to get your hopes up. :) The scenic oceanview does not have as nice a view. It only has one forward facing floor to ceiling window. Still an ok cabin though.

OP was asking about scenic OV cabin on the Glory. The cabin pics on link are pics of Valor cabin 9200-scenic OV. On the Glory, cabin 9200 is a scenic grand OV cabin (more money). The scenic OV cabins on the Glory only have the one foreward facing window. If OP calls to book a scenic OV (not scenic grand) on the Glory, their cabin will not look like that one in pic.

Wonder why, since both ships are spirit class, 9200 and 9201 are categorized differently on the 2 ships... who knows :confused:

OP was asking about scenic OV cabin on the Glory. The cabin pics on link are pics of Valor cabin 9200-scenic OV. On the Glory, cabin 9200 is a scenic grand OV cabin (more money). The scenic OV cabins on the Glory only have the one foreward facing window. If OP calls to book a scenic OV (not scenic grand) on the Glory, their cabin will not look like that one in pic.

Wonder why, since both ships are spirit class, 9200 and 9201 are categorized differently on the 2 ships... who knows :confused:

did youhave too much coffee this morning? :D :D :D

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

9200 and 9201 have 2 windows.

the cabins between those two only have one large window

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536280_10200928581676349_780629279_n.jpg

the cabins in the middle are 6J (there are only 4 of these and the other two are 6K (there are only 2 of these on each ship

this is also only available on conquest class ships and only on the Conquest, Glory and Valor-- not yet available on Liberty-- or last time i checked.

I was confused too, so I looked at the deck plans for Valor to see where this might be coming from. Even though 9200 and 9201 are 6K on the deck plans, somehow the deck plan for the Valor does indeed have all of the forward-facing cabins on lido deck labeled just "scenic ocean view," including 9200 and 9201, so I see where there might be some confusion.

I double-checked Conquest and Glory, and those have 9200 and 9201 labeled as "scenic grand ocean view," with the cabins in between (the 6J's) as just "scenic ocean view." Bottom line is the deck plan descriptions are not consistent on the website.

The pictures and categories for the Valor, however, would indicate that there is no actual difference as compared to the Conquest and the Glory for the forward-facing lido deck cabins, other than the differences among the ships in regard to how many passengers each will accommodate. For instance, 9201 on the Glory is ear-marked for only 2 passengers (even though it is a scenic grand ocean view with 2 large windows and is a category 6K). It has been reported not to have the extra chaise lounger and has one less closet than its counterpart 9200 (ear-marked for 4 passengers).

To me, it's best to stick with the CATEGORY--to specify 6K if you want one of the bigger cabins with the better view (as opposed to 6J). That way, hopefully you will get your reservation correct no matter which ship you're talking about. BTW, didn't Sunshine get these same type of cabins?

I was referring to the post above mine -Cabin 2473.

my brother and SIL have that cabin next week. I did let them know ahead of time of the noise/vibration/shuddering issues of that cabin/ So will let ou know

I was confused too, so I looked at the deck plans for Valor to see where this might be coming from. Even though 9200 and 9201 are 6K on the deck plans, somehow the deck plan for the Valor does indeed have all of the forward-facing cabins on lido deck labeled just "scenic ocean view," including 9200 and 9201, so I see where there might be some confusion.

sunshine did get these cabins too.. sorry

where are you getting deck plans?

the ones i am seeing has the 9200 a different color coded then the middle cabins.

ahh, but when i go the cruise deck plans it lists all those cabins at 220 sq feet which is not correct as 9200 is 320 sq feet

and try the travel city site it lists them all as just plain scenic ocean views.

sunshine did get these cabins too.. sorry

where are you getting deck plans?

the ones i am seeing has the 9200 a different color coded then the middle cabins.

ahh, but when i go the cruise deck plans it lists all those cabins at 220 sq feet which is not correct as 9200 is 320 sq feet

and try the travel city site it lists them all as just plain scenic ocean views.

I was looking on Carnival's website. Yes, they are coded different colors, but look at the words where I circled it on the legend. It says "scenic ocean view" instead of "scenic grand ocean view" on the Valor for the 6Ks. This is very confusing IMO.

1174739_10201284171658277_232147843_n.jpg

did youhave too much coffee this morning? :D :D :D

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/513/Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

9200 and 9201 have 2 windows.

the cabins between those two only have one large window

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536280_10200928581676349_780629279_n.jpg

I meant Conquest class..lol..yep, too much coffee..or maybe not enough. :D

I was looking on Carnival's website. Yes, they are coded different colors, but look at the words where I circled it on the legend. It says "scenic ocean view" instead of "scenic grand ocean view" on the Valor for the 6Ks. This is very confusing IMO.

oh ok- my 9200 is only listed as a scenic oceanview.

I can tell you that 9202 and 9203 ARE GRAND oceanview although balconie cabins

Archived