TA made final payment on cruise without my authorization

Jacqueline

Fianl payment is due today and i emailed my TA over the weekend not to post final payment unless we spoke. He responded that he would not make any charges without my authorization.

Yet, the payment just came up on my card.

He is out of the office today. Called the owner and she is looking into it.

Called the credit card company as the charge is pending and they said that the best course of action was to get the charge reversed.

Fianl payment is due today and i emailed my TA over the weekend not to post final payment unless we spoke. He responded that he would not make any charges without my authorization.

Yet, the payment just came up on my card.

He is out of the office today. Called the owner and she is looking into it.

Called the credit card company as the charge is pending and they said that the best course of action was to get the charge reversed.

If the credit card in question is the same one that was used for your original deposit, then your Agent probably didn't OPT OUT of the automatic final payment feature.

My TA reminds me about a week ahead & I usually just tell her to make the payment then

I do not like to wait until the last minute but that is just me

Hope you get it sorted out

Lyn

If the credit card in question is the same one that was used for your original deposit, then your Agent probably didn't OPT OUT of the automatic final payment feature.

I am just curious,

I am unclear about this OPT OUT feature. Is this something only with Oceania or is it the case for all bookings made with a US agent? Here in Australia I have only encountered where we have to actually authorize every payment. Nothing is automatic, we just have reminders prior to payment.

Thanks,

Julie

I am just curious,

I am unclear about this OPT OUT feature. Is this something only with Oceania or is it the case for all bookings made with a US agent? Here in Australia I have only encountered where we have to actually authorize every payment. Nothing is automatic, we just have reminders prior to payment.

Thanks,

Julie

Julie-

It will be easier to say to you that almost everything is very different between booking a cruise in Australia and booking it in the United States.

This is just one of dozens of items, and it is actually one of the minor ones.

Julie-

It will be easier to say to you that almost everything is very different between booking a cruise in Australia and booking it in the United States.

This is just one of dozens of items, and it is actually one of the minor ones.

Thanks for letting me know. One of the nice things about Cruise Critic is learning new things which may come in useful at some point.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea about the auto pay option but don't really need to as that sounds like a TA thing.

Our TA actually called us the week our final payment was due, not that we weren't aware of the deadline, and confirmed our decision to proceed. Nice personal service.

On the Guest Statement after a booking and payment update, at the end of the 'Payments' section ours reads:

"You have declined the option to have the final payment automatically charged to the credit card on file."

We have never discussed this with our TA but is fine with us. We get an email or phone call a few days before requesting confirmation to put through the final payment. I assume the agent choose this option as they want to retain control. As long as the deadline is not missed we're happy.

Archived