Kids clubs lowdown please!!!!

beckyjohns

We've always taken our kids (both age 5) on Carnival. We're considering other lines this time (Princess, Norwegian or RCCL). I'm trying to figure out how the camps work on the other lines.

At Carnival, this is typically how it goes:

Sea days: open in the morning, closed for lunch, open in the afternoon, closed for an hour before dinner, open for dinner and evening until 10PM

Port days: open before port arrival, open all day until an hour before dinner, open for dinner and evening until 10PM

They will allow the kids to stay at the club on port days while adults go on shore excursions

Can anyone give me a general schedule for Princess, Norwegian or RCCL?

Here is a link to a great library of various kids programs from the lines you mention. Take a look at the different ones available to find out how each operates.

My kids are older now so don't have the most up-to-date info to give you, but I believe most cruise lines operate in a very similar fashion.

http://s204.beta.photobucket.com/user/cruisinmama06/library/ (thanks to cruisinmam06 for compiling these!)

Exactly as you remember Carnival (and actually I think CCL has changed since you were last on them) - that is exactly how RCI and NCL are. :D

That, and if you're willing to pay NCL they will keep your kids until 1:30am. On our Jewel cruise that got back on Sunday, they were open on sea days from 9am to 1:30am, closing for supper only. Port days they were open all day, with a fee for them to feed the kids lunch and supper. They offered a breakfast club one day (our ship was in Nassau) for a fee as well for the 2-5yo group.

Archived