Istanbul - Nearest ATM to Karakoy Tram

Do you know for sure that Karakoy will be the closest tram stop? The cruise ships dock in a line from close to the Galata Bridge, so depending on where your ship is docked, you may be closer to Tophane or even Findlikh stop.

Second, there are numerous ATMs just within a block or two of the port. From where I've docked twice, we were directed to turn left (with the dock to our backs) and walk along the water for a block or so in order to exit through a building and onto the street. From there, I walked up Tophane Iskele Caddesi (Caddesi = street) to the tram stop on Kemeralte Caddesi. I had no problem finding an ATM along that walk and a couple of other people I met up with at the tram stop had gone up a smaller parallel street and also saw several ATMs.

I agree with Cruisemom. Familiarize yourself with the sequence of all the tram stops along that stretch before your arrival because depending exactly where they park your ship in the line of possible ships there that day, you may leave the port area from different exits. It might actually be a right hand turn to get to a closer tram stop even though the primary old town sites are to the left. But if you're able to walk nicely, turning left will eventually get you to a tram stop within a few minutes and you'll probably pass several ATMs along the way. I saw quite a few to choose from after I had chosen the first one I came to.

We are going in March and according to the sites we are the only ship in port docked at Yolcu Salonu. Last visit we walked from Kabatas to Dolmbache and I don't remember seeing a lot of (or actually any) ATMs, but we were down by the water.

Hopefully the Karakoy Dock area will have plenty of ATMs nearby, what you describe is encouraging!

Thanks!!

Archived