HELP! Price Drop after Final Payment!?!

bzv143

We just made a final payment last month on a March 29 sailing on the Magic and I just noticed that now there is a KIDS SAIL FREE on this sailing! We are now out almost $900! :mad:

Is there any redress? WHAT can I do? Anyone else with this problem? :eek:

We just made a final payment last month on a March 29 sailing on the Magic and I just noticed that now there is a KIDS SAIL FREE on this sailing! We are now out almost $900! :mad:

Is there any redress? WHAT can I do? Anyone else with this problem? :eek:

First of all, relax, no shouting necessary.

DCL (as well as many other cruiselines) has different methods for filling rooms on slow-selling cruises. Kids Sail Free/Florida resident/military/as well as the last minute restricted fares.

Generally, most of these promotions are "new bookings only". The FL resident is the only one I've read that will be applied even after the PIF date.

That being said, there have been exceptions.

Your best course, is to call DCL (or your TA should, if you used one) and ask if the KSF promo can be applied to your reservation. Sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't.

Good Luck

:)

First of all, relax, no shouting necessary.

DCL (as well as many other cruiselines) has different methods for filling rooms on slow-selling cruises. Kids Sail Free/Florida resident/military/as well as the last minute restricted fares.

Generally, most of these promotions are "new bookings only". The FL resident is the only one I've read that will be applied even after the PIF date.

That being said, there have been exceptions.

Your best course, is to call DCL (or your TA should, if you used one) and ask if the KSF promo can be applied to your reservation. Sometimes they do it, sometimes they don't.

Good Luck

Also, if you can't apply the discount, you might look into cancelling your current reservation (with penalties) and rebooking. Sometimes you can still save money that way, not as much, but still save something.

I just did this. We are on the same cruise. Call DCL and ask them to apply the new discount.

Since the paid in full date is 1/13, there is no penalty. You will lose any onboard credit and booking discount you had on the original reservation.

You newe reservation will be at the current rate. We did this and got back $1100.

Thanks, guys. Did not mean to shout...accidentally hit the CAPS on my iPad.:rolleyes:

I will contact my TA tomorrow and ask. My mama always said, if you don't ask, you don't get, right?

Btw, nice savings, STsomewhere!

Thanks, guys. Did not mean to shout...accidentally hit the CAPS on my iPad.:rolleyes:

I will contact my TA tomorrow and ask. My mama always said, if you don't ask, you don't get, right?

Btw, nice savings, STsomewhere!

You said you had paid in full, were you actually at your PIF date? Or did you just pay up early? If it isn't your PIF date yet, there should be no problem changing the booking.

:cutie:

Dear All:

Just wanted to thank all of you wonderful posters who helped me with my dilemma. Thanks to you, I emailed my TA and in less than 24 hours, I received a refund of almost $1,000 on my booking!

I AM SHOUTING--YOU ARE FABULOUS--THANKS!!! :D

Dear All:

Just wanted to thank all of you wonderful posters who helped me with my dilemma. Thanks to you, I emailed my TA and in less than 24 hours, I received a refund of almost $1,000 on my booking!

I AM SHOUTING--YOU ARE FABULOUS--THANKS!!! :D

Glad to hear! I was wondering about you.

Archived