Bringing Soda/Water onboard ship

essrule

Experienced travelers just bring a water-filter pitcher. That way, you have unlimited water, at a much lower cost (and better for the environment too). But those that check bottled water also have luck. It just depends on whether you want lower cost/environmentally friendly, or more expensive/less environmentally friendly.

Experienced travelers just bring a water-filter pitcher. That way, you have unlimited water, at a much lower cost (and better for the environment too). But those that check bottled water also have luck. It just depends on whether you want lower cost/environmentally friendly, or more expensive/less environmentally friendly.

Actually, the water on board is just fine. It's already very much filtered. We bring bottled for excursions. The Evian bottles on board are big and expensive. We also bring Pepsi because they have Coke on board which we don't care for.

Actually, the water on board is just fine. It's already very much filtered. We bring bottled for excursions...
Agreed, and it is the lowest cost, most environmentally friendly way to go. We just bring reusable bottles, and use ship water in those for trips off the ship.

I was wondering if I would be allowed to bring my SodaStream on board. I use it to make bubbly water not soda. I find I drink much more water when it has the bubbles.

I would guess probably not due to the co2 cartridge used to carbonate but if you find out different please let me know as would love to take mine as well

We have brought a case of 24 bottles of water on the Explorer. You can either put it in a duffle bag with a tag on it and use it later to carry purchases or just slap a luggage tag directly on the unopened case and put it with you check in luggage at the port.

• 4 weeks later...
Same question I'm leaving out of PORT CANAVERAL in Feb was wondering if I should put it in my bag and check the soda and water or carry it on with my carry on?

I am also leaving out of Port canarval in March, could you please reply when you get back,Of what you saw other passengers doing with their water?

I have always carried cases of soda and water on RCCI out of port caneveral and never had any troubles BUT last year I put 2 -12 pks of soda and a 6 pk of water in a duffle bag and they took my water out and left me the soda:eek:....I went down to the naughty room and no one seemed to know what I was talking about so I never got my water back...not sure why that happened but it really wasnt a big deal. I am leaving in March again and I will try the same.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone been on Royal Caribbean lately and taken non-alcoholic drinks on?

Don't know what you mean by lately, but we brought a case of water on Enchantment last month.

When we tried that a year earlier on Monarch, it was refused.

Edited by clarea

Has anyone had any experience with checking bottled water or soft drinks at this port with their luggage? I know that at Port Canaveral you can check it without any problems by just putting a luggage tag on it. Thanks

Just off the Freedom out of Port Canaveral and I was able to check a case of water no problem. Like a previous poster suggested, I had it in a reusable grocery bag and tied up the handles, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered with the rest of my luggage. There's no harm in trying...worst case, you're out the $2-3 for the water, right?