Make your own Rum Punch Onboard NCL

If you bring back that rum from a port, NCL will "hold" it until the last night of the cruise. Smugglers usually empty the rum in a sport water bottle. For those who want to take back juice from the breakfast buffet, better pack a couple of empty sports water bottles.

If you bring back that rum from a port, NCL will "hold" it until the last night of the cruise. Smugglers usually empty the rum in a sport water bottle. For those who want to take back juice from the breakfast buffet, better pack a couple of empty sports water bottles.

All liquor you bring into the ship regardless of embarkation day or port day will be confiscated and returned to you on the last evening (sometimes last morning). If you bring any open bottles (water or sports bottles) you may be asked to dump it or empty it. Your belongings are scanned by security. I'm pretty sure NCL knows about rum runners, listerine bottles, and water bottles ;)

All liquor you bring into the ship regardless of embarkation day or port day will be confiscated and returned to you on the last evening (sometimes last morning). If you bring any open bottles (water or sports bottles) you may be asked to dump it or empty it. Your belongings are scanned by security. I'm pretty sure NCL knows about rum runners, listerine bottles, and water bottles ;)

Yes, I am sure they do but do you know how many people do smuggle without being caught. I've never done it but have seen many of posts of people who have. I guess to each his/her own.

Since we are on the topic of mixed drinks can anyone share a good recipe for ameretto sour, or something with a sour taste. Those are my favorite drinks, and I never thought to make them at home.

In Miami they made me toss my water bottle and it had ... water! I wasn't about to drink some and hold up the line while trying to prove it was just water. I just wanted to get on board! Port Canaveral we had to toss some cookies from the buffet (I thought it was just agricultural meat and snails). I think they are hyper vigilant in FL ports.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I am sure they do but do you know how many people do smuggle without being caught. I've never done it but have seen many of posts of people who have. I guess to each his/her own.

Since we are on the topic of mixed drinks can anyone share a good recipe for ameretto sour, or something with a sour taste. Those are my favorite drinks, and I never thought to make them at home.

This one is easy.

2oz amaretto, 1 1/2 oz. sweet n sour mix. I like to add OJ and a dash of soda water. (Or I cut the sweet and sour mix with water. Some of them can be very strong and cause me heartburn).

Archived