How much time to dine at speciality restaruants

crackycruiser

Just trying to figure out approximately how much time is needed at the speciality restaurants. Want to make sure I allot enough time before the shows that I have booked. Interested in Cagney, Le Bistro, and Moderno. Thanks

We are new to NCL, sailing Gem next week. How do you "book" free shows? On Carnival and HAL, they are 1st-come, 1st served.

We are new to NCL, sailing Gem next week. How do you "book" free shows? On Carnival and HAL, they are 1st-come, 1st served.

You can book shows currently only on the Epic (and soon on the Breakaway), they have different kind of entertainment options as the rest of the fleet.

This really depends on each person individually. If you rush through dinner or eat slow. Do you have a large group, where peopel are more likley to sit and talk. Also, depending on the restaurant, you may spend more time. We typically spend more time at the Italian restaurant sitting on the aft of the ship outside enjoying the time outside then we do at Cagneys.

2hrs :eek::eek::eek:, that is a little too long for us. We like to be in and out, more like around 1 hr. I guess I never gave this much thought, thanks for the info, I will be sure to ask our servers to go faster with us.

It depends. We like to linger so 2 hours is a short dinner for us. I'd budget at least 2 hours for your dinners so that you are not sprinting through the ship to get to your show. This way you can refresh yourselves if needed & or have a moment to select your seats.

Moderno involves them bringing a few bites to you at a time. I have never had rodizio on land in under 3 hours.

We usually show up at the theater 1/2 hr before show time. Always, at that time, the theater is mostly empty. You can have you pick of seats. We just relax, people watch, and maybe have a drink.

What about Teppanyaki? Also 1.5 to 2 hours?

Teppanyaki is the one restaurant that has fixed seating times, with everybody starting and finishing the meal at the same time. I believe the times are set at 1.5 hr intervals, which means that the meal itself lasts slightly less than that.

To the OP: I would plan on 1.5 hrs typically in a specialty restaurant but it can easily go to 2 hrs if you prefer a leisurely meal. It can also be shorter if you tell your waiter that you're in more of a hurry.

I think a good general answer might be that it takes pretty much the same amount of time it takes you to eat at a comparable land-based restaurant. It can be done as fast (or slow) as you make it happen in my experience. We are generally in and out in about an hour or a little less.

We usually show up at the theater 1/2 hr before show time. Always, at that time, the theater is mostly empty. You can have you pick of seats. We just relax, people watch, and maybe have a drink.

On Gem its first come first served-no booking of the shows in advance.

Archived