One of our passengers wants to cancel

radgal72

My oldest son told me today that he can not make it on our cruise. We are booked on the Pride February 3rd. We have 2 balcony rooms. 1 room is my 18 year old, my 11 year old and me. The other room is my husband and my 21 year old son (the one who can't go).

I assume I need to move one of the passengers from room 1 to room 2. Do we have any other options? Before my 21 decided to go with us we had originallly planned on getting a suite for all 4 of us, but we gave that up when the 21 year old said he was going. Can we switch to a room that allows all 4 of us to room together?

I doubt it at this point. Do yu have travel insurance? Is you son's reason for cancelling one that would be covered? Did you book early saver? Some rates allow for name changes, some do not - early saver does not. If yours does, I would just switch the 21 yo's name to one of the other kids. Then do the third in the cabin as a no show, or even cancel the third. You will at least get the taxes back for the third.

I doubt you would be able to change your two rooms to one suite but you could certainly ask.

I would just make your son a no show and keep both rooms...the 18yo and 11yo can share a cabin and you get your own cabin.

switch keys after sailaway when you go to the guest services and say one of your party didn't make it.

you won't save anything by going to 1 cabin as it is too close to sail date and you will only hurt yourself if you actually cancel the 21yo old at this late date..

I would just make your son a no show and keep both rooms...the 18yo and 11yo can share a cabin and you get your own cabin.

switch keys after sailaway when you go to the guest services and say one of your party didn't make it.

you won't save anything by going to 1 cabin as it is too close to sail date and you will only hurt yourself if you actually cancel the 21yo old at this late date..

Would it hurt if I switched the 11 year old to room 2 and then cancel the 21 year old? Leaving 2 passengers in each room. Would I still get the 25% refund?

We did not book ES. I honestly do not want to find another person to go. We were planning on renting a car to drive to Baltimore when 5 of us were going. Now, I am going to take my car and save $600.00 by doing that.

Would it hurt if I switched the 11 year old to room 2 and then cancel the 21 year old? Leaving 2 passengers in each room. Would I still get the 25% refund?

We did not book ES. I honestly do not want to find another person to go. We were planning on renting a car to drive to Baltimore when 5 of us were going. Now, I am going to take my car and save $600.00 by doing that.

This is what I would do - if the 21 yo is booked at the 3rd/4th passenger rate, you have less money to lose.

We worked it out. We ended up with a suite. We had to pay a little bit more money for it, but I feel better with my 11 year old in our room. When I called to cancel the 21 year old I was informed that I may lose my triple room since I was only going to have 2 people in it. I asked her about a suite and she checked into it and we are now booked in it! I sure hope it is worth it. I am not sure my 18 year old is going to be happy sharing a room with us though.

The answer can be as simple as taking your 21 year olds name off and adding the name of someone else who is willing to go and occupy that bed. It can be a cousin, friend, or why not take someone who really deserves to get away.....It'd work well if you were driving to port.....

The best option is to call Carnival and see what they can do for you....

We worked it out. We ended up with a suite. We had to pay a little bit more money for it, but I feel better with my 11 year old in our room. When I called to cancel the 21 year old I was informed that I may lose my triple room since I was only going to have 2 people in it. I asked her about a suite and she checked into it and we are now booked in it! I sure hope it is worth it. I am not sure my 18 year old is going to be happy sharing a room with us though.

Glad you got it worked out. And your 18 year old will get over it, youre not in the room much anyhow! Have a great cruise!:)

What type of suite did you book? Depending on how the room is set up, like if you'll have a king and a queen sofa-bed, you could ask for a rollaway, so that your 18 yr old could have one of the beds to him/herself...that may make it nicer for him/her...just a suggestion:) Our family of 5 (kids are 16, 15, 7) just cruised in a Grand Suite, and we had a rollaway for one of the kids, and we still had so much empty floor space left over...we were really comfortable, and it was a great cruise. You may have to pay for the rollaway if the room already has enough beds for the 4 of you, but it may be worth it. I'm glad you were able to work it out!

What type of suite did you book? Depending on how the room is set up, like if you'll have a king and a queen sofa-bed, you could ask for a rollaway, so that your 18 yr old could have one of the beds to him/herself...

There are no rollaways to be found on the Pride or any Spirit class ship.

What type of suite did you book? Depending on how the room is set up, like if you'll have a king and a queen sofa-bed, you could ask for a rollaway, so that your 18 yr old could have one of the beds to him/herself...that may make it nicer for him/her...just a suggestion:) Our family of 5 (kids are 16, 15, 7) just cruised in a Grand Suite, and we had a rollaway for one of the kids, and we still had so much empty floor space left over...we were really comfortable, and it was a great cruise. You may have to pay for the rollaway if the room already has enough beds for the 4 of you, but it may be worth it. I'm glad you were able to work it out!

I have been in a suite that had that on another type of ship that allows for rollaways & uses the double sofabed. But I believe that all the suites on the Pride do not use the double sofabed. I think they all use a single sofabed & upper bunk, so both kids would have their own bed. The upper bunk will be entirely above the sofabed. I prefer the sofabed.

OP, I'm glad it all worked out. Thanks for letting us know about it. If you don't mind sharing more details, I'd love to know more about how it worked out. That is because many people come onto these boards with similar situations, wondering what they can & should do. Was there a penalty for combining the 4 people from 2 bookings to 1 (since it's after final payment), or was the extra cost just simply the higher cost of the room (and of course having to cancel one person)?

Archived