Balcony Location Suggestions?

MANDALOUWHO

Our 3rd Carnival cruise is coming up in March on the Freedom! I am able to upgrade to a balcony from an Ocenview for a reasonable price ($240) so we are going to do it. On our 2 previous cruises we had oceanview. The room included in the upgrade is either on deck 6 either forward or aft. For more we can add options like mid-ship, and do a higher deck. The SPA deck is $400 more vs $240 but the room layout is identical. I am not against paying for a SPA balcony but want to make sure the value is there. So can someone who has booked balcony rooms before give me some insight into how important the deck is? Are the SPA level balconies worth the additional money? Thank you so much :)

We always stay in balconies. We usually try to stay on deck 7 or 8 where there are rooms above and below us. But, we're stayed on deck 6 before and loved it, just make sure there isn't a dance club/bar/etc right below you. As far as aft/forward.....I don't find that it matters that much. We don't feel alot of movement up front.

Although we were on the Liberty...not the Freedom...I am sure they are similar. We ended up in a cabin above the night club and piano bar. If you like to go to bed early or are a light sleeper...definitely go forward not aft...it can be rather loud some nights.

Thank you guys so much for the info and link! I have avoided balconies on the first 2 trips because I had this irrational fear our youngest would find a way to escape, jump, climb, etc. Well, knowing him some might not say it was too irrational ;). But now that he is older on this cruise I am super excited to try the balcony room!!

Our 3rd Carnival cruise is coming up in March on the Freedom! I am able to upgrade to a balcony from an Ocenview for a reasonable price ($240) so we are going to do it. On our 2 previous cruises we had oceanview. The room included in the upgrade is either on deck 6 either forward or aft. For more we can add options like mid-ship, and do a higher deck. The SPA deck is $400 more vs $240 but the room layout is identical. I am not against paying for a SPA balcony but want to make sure the value is there. So can someone who has booked balcony rooms before give me some insight into how important the deck is? Are the SPA level balconies worth the additional money? Thank you so much :)

We always book balconies and always the same location.On your ship I would book either 9293 or 9294 or right in that area.Its extremely close to all the action and not noisy as some people say (you will have a semi private hallway with a door that keeps noise from the Lido out) its going to be category 8E which is alittle more expensive but just think 20 steps you are at the pool ,bars ,buffet,morning coffee :)

We like balcony staterooms that are "sandwiched" between other floors of all staterooms so no chance of being under/above a dining venue, bar, etc. We also like being mid-ship.

Also, if you're light sleepers you may want to make sure there are other staterooms across the hall from you.

We didn't have staterooms across the hall from us on our Freedom cruise last year. On the deck plans it was a big, empty white space. I didn't think anything of it until we heard the noise the first night. We were directly across from a "housekeeping closet" where they keep all the vacuums and other cleaning supplies. The room stewards were in there until 1 - 2 a.m. every night, and starting back up again around 4 or 5 a.m. They were loud, slamming the door, singing, talking, laughing, not trying to be quiet at all.

I used earplugs after the first night but my husband doesn't like them, so he was awakened several times every night from the noise.

Also, there was another door where the crew members came out of to deliver room service trays so that door was being slammed quite often too.

We like balcony staterooms that are "sandwiched" between other floors of all staterooms so no chance of being under/above a dining venue, bar, etc. We also like being mid-ship.

Also, if you're light sleepers you may want to make sure there are other staterooms across the hall from you.

We didn't have staterooms across the hall from us on our Freedom cruise last year. On the deck plans it was a big, empty white space. I didn't think anything of it until we heard the noise the first night. We were directly across from a "housekeeping closet" where they keep all the vacuums and other cleaning supplies. The room stewards were in there until 1 - 2 a.m. every night, and starting back up again around 4 or 5 a.m. They were loud, slamming the door, singing, talking, laughing, not trying to be quiet at all.

I used earplugs after the first night but my husband doesn't like them, so he was awakened several times every night from the noise.

Also, there was another door where the crew members came out of to deliver room service trays so that door was being slammed quite often too.

What cabin was this? It'd be good to know!

Peg

Archived