Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Dave,

I had a tear in my eye as I once again signed on my computer with my morning coffee by my side, as I have done for months now, and read your message. This thread has been such a wonderful part of my life since it's inception. I had hip replacement surgery in March (very successful!), and believe me that this thread was the highlight of many a day for me!

Thank you for making such a positive impact!

I know me too!!! At some point we need to meet!! I bet we may know some mutual friends. Have been wanting to try that Jamacian Restaurant near OIB have you been?

21 weeks...

. . .

Tomorrow the spotlight shifts away from this thread to those lucky enough to embark on the first ever cruise of our ship, Royal Princess. And we all eagerly await their insights as well as more great pictures of them having fun, enjoying the food and entertainment, the gracious service, and the features and amenities on this new flagship for Princess Cruises.

THANK YOU. All of you. For making this thread what it became. A place for us to enjoy the daily updates of Royal Princess as she grew from a hollow shell to an stunning and beautiful lady.

I'll still be lurking in the background and reading all of the new threads on Royal Princess, maybe posting a picture here and there. But I want those who sail on her to now have the center stage and shine.

It has been an honor and a privilege my friends.

8977053709_dfd54a7896_c.jpg

Dave, words can't express our gratitude to you. The privilege has been ours to go along with you on this journey. That you want the upcoming cruisers to pick up and reveal their stories and take center stage is so kind of you. It will be a pleasure to meet you on my December cruise.

Sue

I think we need another group hug!

8878936726_f70aec0445_o.jpg

THANKS for the kind words this Saturday morning. This thread seems to have had more of an impact on people than I ever imagined it could have. I knew it would help while away the time in the many months leading up to the Southampton arrival of Royal Princess, but the fact that it became an outlet to escape the stress and crunch of our daily lives...well, I'm truly grateful and thankful that it has helped in every way possible.

:D

Oh the fountains are on! How long before we get to see a water and light show videotaped and posted here?:)

Nice shot of the fountains showing elevation and acess for a refreshing stroll during the day? :) Like it a lot! Also like the scalloped railing of deck above! Absolutely beautiful! :D

I have downloaded all the interior photos to my computer that Princess has posted. They are beyond what I expected. I get emotional looking at them, she is one beautiful lady.

Can't wait to board, Aug 10, in Barcelona. Its exciting like my first cruise

Thanks for sharing he or she is beautiful!! I have 7 cats so a lover for sure. All rescues and the oldest is 19. I too have a loud one that likes to wake me up. His name is Jack because he has a bad eye like the Pirate.

I love them while they are here but it is never easy when they go.

How old was Black Kitty? Such unusual names you use!!LOL Most of mine are soap opera names never occurred to me to just call them by their color!!LOL

Hi Gracie!

The cats were adopted from the local shelter and came as a pair. The previous owners had named them Loki and Alucard (Dracula spelled backwards), and I didn't care for the names at all. Unable to think of anything witty or cute I just called them Grey Kitty and Black Kitty. They would run through the house like inseparable best friends. Black Kitty developed a severe blockage and by time I got him to the vet it was too late to save him. I had only had him two years. Grey Kitty is now my last pet. Ever. I don't want to go through that again.

Enjoying the sunshine

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8556/8985339471_1615d56a6e_z.jpg

I agree with Pam. Princess is much classier than NCL.

NCL when it was owned by Klosters (SS Norway days) was good. I went on the Norwegian Dawn years ago and will never sail with NCL again - food was bad, terrible decor, very noisy and staff were rude .

We have just returned from NCL Epic and I cannot agree - the food was good the staff were very friendly and polite.

We try all cruise lines and I find that they all have something different to offer.

This obviously is my opinion.

:)

I am still a bit concerned about only having one main pool for this many people...from the photos it doesn't look as large as I hoped...i know there is the Retreat pool for adults only...I guess only time (and some Caribbean sailings!) will tell!

Is the fountain area next to the pool to be used for cooling off during the day? I see stairs leading up to it and am not sure if this is what it is for? if so, hope it isn't too slippery! ;)

Hi Gracie!

The cats were adopted from the local shelter and came as a pair. The previous owners had named them Loki and Alucard (Dracula spelled backwards), and I didn't care for the names at all. Unable to think of anything witty or cute I just called them Grey Kitty and Black Kitty. They would run through the house like inseparable best friends. Black Kitty developed a severe blockage and by time I got him to the vet it was too late to save him. I had only had him two years. Grey Kitty is now my last pet. Ever. I don't want to go through that again.

Enjoying the sunshine

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8556/8985339471_1615d56a6e_z.jpg

I don't think I would have liked those names either!!LOL

So sorry you and Grey Kitty have had to suffer such a loss. I know how it is and how the other cat can suffer. I had two sisters which had same mom but from different litters. They were inseparable for 14 years then the oldest passed. She was DH favorite cat. The younger sister kept getting thinner and thinner nothing physically wrong I just think she grieved herself that way. About a year after the sister passed her organs just started shutting down so I had her put to sleep. They are now buried side by side.

I always say the same as you about not getting anymore but they just seem to have a way of finding me. My last rescue was dumped off a bridge hear in North Myrtle Beach, I am sure sunsetbeachgal knows which one it's the big one over 17 that crosses the waterway as you come in to NMB. Luckily some guys at a marina saw the bag drop and went to see what it was and found this little kitten. It was posted on FB by a lady I knew and I was just going to take pictures of him to post on a rescue site I am active in. When I got there I instantly fell in love and of course Jax is now #7 (which is my limit at one time). Next to cruising cats are my next love. LOVE the SUN bathing picture!!

Sorry to everyone for getting off topic so long. As you can tell I love cats!!

Dave,

I stumbled upon this thread just as you started it back in January. I cannot properly voice the joy it has given me over these last months! Once I told DH about it, he too was hooked.

While I can appreciate you wanting/needing to get back to your life, I have a feeling it will be like sending a child off to college clear across the country :eek:

What will we do without our daily Dave fix? :)

You have made this journey fantastic for so many of us as we wait our turn to board the beautiful Royal! (And yes, we know she is beautiful due to the pictures YOU procured).

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

DH and I wish you calm seas, a beautiful 'comped' balcony :D and all the bellinis you can tolerate on your December sailings!

Dave, I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed this thread. The

information and pictures you have posted have been so helpful. I

just booked the Royal Princess for April 2014 in a deluxe balcony room.

We are also sailing on the NCL Breakaway in October in The Haven

suites. We have sailed both lines and have enjoyed both equally.

I hope you have a great cruise.

I agree completely.

Norwegian Breakaway and Royal Princess were not designed to compete with each other, and are aimed at different demographics. That much is obvious when you look at the top decks and deck plans of Norwegian Breakaway and see ginormous bright yellow and red obstacle and ropes courses, a separation of accommodation classes with a very, very large The Haven retreat for Suite guests only occupying the top deck, frozen icebox vodka bars, circus tent dining rooms, two-deck high colossal video screen in the atrium, bowling alley, and the huge water park with gargantuan multi-colored tube slides and colored character animal statues all over the pool area. And the interior decor and style of the two ships is aimed to create a different ambiance: one of energy, excitement, and fun while the other creates an environment of elegance, relaxation, and subdued sophistication.

But that's not to say that someone cruising Norwegian Breakaway can't enjoy Royal Princess.

There's also a huge difference in the number of free venues on the two, where Royal Princess has quite a bit more than Norwegian Breakaway (which has at least 15 pay dining, eating, and entertainment venues).

I much prefer Royal Princess over Norwegian Breakaway. I want a quieter, more upscale, and elegant atmosphere with some 'class' to vacation in, not a floating theme park. To each his own.

Royal Princess Atrium

8983714581_b3fb853618_b.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

8983750075_c2c8b0ffdb_o.jpg

(Princess Cruises)

Dave,

Sorry to say I've been lurking since day one of this blog, but have read and enjoyed every word and every picture. Your work has been above and beyond throughout this journey. I booked the Royal in March of last year, on the first day, I think, that it became available. Your post on the differences between Princess and, as far as I'm concerned, everyone else was perfect, as well as poetic. Again, thanks for all your efforts. We're on the 12/1 trip from FLL, and looking forward to it now, more than ever.

Dave, I've been away for ten days on a land based trip to Scotland, so I've got some major catching up to do. But, I too wanted to express my appreciation for all your hard work, persistence, positive outlook and general good fun that you've brought to this thread. I've learned so much and now look forward to our first TA on the Royal in October with even more anticipation thanks to your good work. We will miss you and your daily updates more than you know. So sorry to hear about your kitty--pets are such bright spots in our lives. I hope our paths will cross on a cruise in the near future.

Dave,

Sorry to say I've been lurking since day one of this blog, but have read and enjoyed every word and every picture. Your work has been above and beyond throughout this journey. I booked the Royal in March of last year, on the first day, I think, that it became available. Your post on the differences between Princess and, as far as I'm concerned, everyone else was perfect, as well as poetic. Again, thanks for all your efforts. We're on the 12/1 trip from FLL, and looking forward to it now, more than ever.

Hi mshif2542!

THANKS for being one of the secret lurkers out there. I was wondering just how many of you were out there. lol :D Looking forward to meeting you at the Meet & Greet on around the ship. Don't forget to stop by our Roll Call. Lots of nice folks there!

Dave, I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed this thread. The

information and pictures you have posted have been so helpful. I

just booked the Royal Princess for April 2014 in a deluxe balcony room.

We are also sailing on the NCL Breakaway in October in The Haven

suites. We have sailed both lines and have enjoyed both equally.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Congratulations on the new booking! The deluxe balcony rooms look very nice. Don't forget to come back with a review so we can keep the vibes going until she reaches Copenhagen next year! :D

Here's another group hug.....grouphugg.gif and a special one for Dave.....huggies.gif

THANKS Mom33! :D

Hi Dave,

I've been following this tread since day one and lurking quietly most of time. The amount of time and efforts you have put to keep this thread on topic and positive are simply way above and beyond my expectation. I absolutely agree with all the gratitude and best wishes that other fellow cruisers have eloquently expressed - you 100% deserve all of them. I hope Princess will do something unique and classy to make your December "first date" with Royal Princess all the more enjoyable :D

I can't wait to be spoiled rotten by my very first cruise with Princess - it's only 2 months 2 days 12 hours away to onboard the magnificent Royal Princess :)

Thank you once again Dave!

Charlene

I, too, have been lurking. This thread has been wonderful, helpful, therapeutic, you name it. I work from home (most of the time) and this thread has gotten me into more trouble because I should have been doing something else! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm also looking forward to meeting you the week of 12/8 at the Meet & Greet.

Archived