Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Home of the Big Cats!! My DH plays there too. Too bad we aren't a bit closer I am always looking for a walking partner. I go to the Aquatic Center in NMB.

Every time I go to post I am now checking out the count so I don't goof and do 5000!! Now I have to edit and say I did get 4900 only 100 more till Dave gets #5000!!

I know. I feel the same way.:D:D

It won't be long now.:eek:

Maxine, I couldn't have said it better myself. I fully intend to indulge at 12 or more eating venues, and if the Promenade doesn't go all the way around, or the balconies may be a foot smaller than other ships, I don't really give a hoot! Now where is that pastry shop?

Stan

Amen! Show me the food and I am happy....

Paul

Isn't it a shame that some folks spend good money to go on a cruise, and immediatelt bash everything about the trip.

Mucho thanks to you, Dave, for keeping this amazing thread so positive. I know it hasn't always been an easy task, so thanks again. I don't know how I would have gotten through the long wait until the "Maiden Passage", except for the constant excitement from this thread. KUDOS!

Stan

Sorry to quote you twice in a row, Stan. BUT, I agree 100%. Double Kudos!!

Paul

I'm very eager to find out about the type of hairdryers. I'm really, really, really hoping Princess has stepped up their game dryer-wise on this new ship. Please, someone, post a photo or at least a mini-review! I'm sure all of us with high-maintenance hair will be eternally grateful to you. In fact, if you're listening, Princess marketing peeps, when my hair looks good, I'm more wont to be out and about spending money in the lounges, showing it off . . .

Ooh is that a door I can see in that inside stateroom?! Looks like this could be one of the horizontal insides what do you think Dave?

Yup. It's exactly like the one I've got booked. Although I've booked inside cabins before, I've never had one like this before (sideways inside), and now I'm wondering where the bathroom is? lol :eek: ;)

It's also nice to be able to call any stateroom on a cruise ship home for two weeks, and I look forward to experiencing all of the beautiful dining venues and wonderful entertainment that Royal Princess has to offer. :D

royalpinsidecabin-copy-592x444.jpg

(Credit Peter Knego)

Thanks for the pictures of the standard balcony. Now I'm glad I didn't get a deluxe balcony. I'd much prefer the extra drawers, open shelving & the chair to a couch anyway.;)

I understand the viewpoint but I have 1 10 yr old child and I think the sofa will be perfect compared to the drop down bed(didn't get to sleep next to wife whole trip, they wouldn't put the twins together because of the drop down bed and knocked head into it, repeatedly:eek:), or the fold away which doesn't fold small enough. I can only hope......looking forward to thanksgiving trip and we booked the DB

Dave, assuming it's like the sideways insides on other ships, I believe you walk around the edge of the desk (where the photographer is standing) and then you're in an area with closets and the bathroom.

THANKS. It will be odd not walking into the little entrance hallway first but I'll have two weeks to get used to it. ;)

We now stand at 5 months and 2 days since this thread started.

I want to again take the time on this landmark Naming Day for Royal Princess to say THANK YOU to everyone for their continued support and amazing contributions. It never ceases to amaze me how far we have come, and what we have accomplished together.

With that said I want to make a point. I've booked a lot of cruises, but not nearly as many as some of you who have spent decades more on the cruising circuit than I have. My B2B cruises on Royal Princess will be #49 and #50.

But in all of those cruises I have booked, whether it be brand new ships fresh from the shipyard or one that's been in service for 15 years or more, I've never gone into a cruise focused on the negative aspects. Sure, I realize there were parts that may not have appealed to me or ones that were important to me that either didn't exist or were minimalized. But going into a cruise making a list of the things I am disappointed in is certainly not my idea of starting off on the right foot.

Hence this thread was born, to focus on the features and amenities of Royal Princess and to focus on the positive. Not everything is going to appeal to everyone. And certain design features and amenities that we want to exist may not, or are not to our liking. And I understand that. Been there, done that. It's not like I was born yesterday. I'm just really glad we haven't spent the last five months on here talking ourselves out of an amazing experience on the new Royal Princess.

P.S.

Don't forget to set your watches... :D

9024129682_17e35b397e_c.jpg

We now stand at 5 months and 2 days since this thread started.

I want to again take the time on this landmark Naming Day for Royal Princess to say THANK YOU to everyone for their continued support and amazing contributions. It never ceases to amaze me how far we have come, and what we have accomplished together.

With that said I want to make a point. I've booked a lot of cruises, but not nearly as many as some of you who have spent decades more on the cruising circuit than I have. My B2B cruises on Royal Princess will be #49 and #50.

But in all of those cruises I have booked, whether it be brand new ships fresh from the shipyard or one that's been in service for 15 years or more, I've never gone into a cruise focused on the negative aspects. Sure, I realize there were parts that may not have appealed to me or ones that were important to me that either didn't exist or were minimalized. But going into a cruise making a list of the things I am disappointed in is certainly not my idea of starting off on the right foot.

Hence this thread was born, to focus on the features and amenities of Royal Princess and to focus on the positive. Not everything is going to appeal to everyone. And certain design features and amenities that we want to exist may not, or are not to our liking. And I understand that. Been there, done that. It's not like I was born yesterday. I'm just really glad we haven't spent the last five months on here talking ourselves out of an amazing experience on the new Royal Princess.

P.S.

Don't forget to set your watches... :D

9024129682_17e35b397e_c.jpg

That's about five hours from now. Probably won't make it!

I had to stay up to watch the Stanley Cup playoff game that went into triple overtime. :D

Hopefully, it will be viewable later in the day.

That's about five hours from now. Probably won't make it!

I had to stay up to watch the Stanley Cup playoff game that went into triple overtime. :D

Hopefully, it will be viewable later in the day.

Yes, it will be on the Princess Cruises site for playback afterwards and I'm sure several links from youtube will pop up as well. :D

Good luck. Looking forward to the video. Thanks.

At last! The link is below

Sorry for the delay, took ages on my broadband speed to upload, for some reason it is not visible on an iPad ( if anyone knows why this is I would be grateful!) but it appears to work on our iMac! This was one of the first outings with our gopro camera so it's a bit wobbly in places but it should give you an idea of what it is like!

Enjoy.

First of all, thank you again Dave for a fabulous thread! And also thank you for the reminder that it really is more fun to be positive than negative. My family and I are sailing July 17 and I am counting the days. I have read a couple of negative reviews and I have to say their comments bring me down and make me wonder if I made the right choice. This is a trip of a life time for us, and I did TONS of research before I chose this cruise. I chose it not merely for the ship, but also for the itinerary. NCL had a cruise doing the exact same itinerary and it was much cheaper. I have never sailed with NCL, but heard fabulous things about Princess so I picked the Royal. It is interesting that people state their preferences so adamantly. Whether you want a deluxe balcony or a regular balcony is just a matter what what a person wants, Likewise, if you come on this ship expecting it to have an ice skating rink and walk climbing wall, you are going to be sorely disappointed. But if you just enjoy what is there, I think it will be wonderful. Also, as a mom, I can't just choose what I think would be a fun cruise. I have to consider what my family would enjoy. I would love to go on a river cruise but I have three teengagers and they would be bored out of their skulls on that. It would just be silly of me to take my kids on a river cruise and complain that they didn't have enough to keep the kids entertained. When my kids are grown, then I will do the river cruise. Until then, I am going to research ships and make sure they have a kids program that would suit my girls and son before I book the trip. To be honest, one thing I am looking foward to on this ship is not having to cook or clean. When one of the kids says, "I'm thirsty," or "I'm hungry," I can just say, go get something to eat?" That alone is worth what I payed to sail on this ship! Just for teh record, we have a deluxe balcony and mini-suite. I wanted a deluxe balcony so my son (who will be sharing a cabin with his sisters) will have a place in the cabin that is just his---even during the day. That's just what worked out for my crew.

Sorry for the delay, took ages on my broadband speed to upload, for some reason it is not visible on an iPad ( if anyone knows why this is I would be grateful!) but it appears to work on our iMac! This was one of the first outings with our gopro camera so it's a bit wobbly in places but it should give you an idea of what it is like!

Enjoy.

When I try to open it on an iPhone it won't open saying it's "private".

The naming ceremony begins at 0015 HST so will watch the replay tomorrow...I wonder if they'll edit the ceremony to have a shorter video.

THANKS. It will be odd not walking into the little entrance hallway first but I'll have two weeks to get used to it. ;)

I hope you'll be looking out a balcony versus a sideways inside! Keeping my fingers crossed for you Dave!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When I try to open it on an iPhone it won't open saying it's "private".

The naming ceremony begins at 0015 HST so will watch the replay tomorrow...I wonder if they'll edit the ceremony to have a shorter video.

Try again, i hve just made it public - hope i have done this correctly!

A friend sent me these pics of the teen's and kid's outdoor areas...

9029366813_7c86aeeacf_o.jpg

NO Adult Zone DSC01431 by RickEk, on Flickr

9029366921_8cd20d5f87_o.jpg

NO Adult Zone DSC01434 by RickEk, on Flickr

9031594158_e4bc8c453c_o.jpg

Pers Corner DSC01432 by RickEk, on Flickr

THANK YOU RickEK!!!

As a mother of a teenager who has had to hear about this for over a year he was asking where the pics were!!

I was getting a bit worried that the design had been "adapted" :cool: Now I can relax!

First of all' date=' thank you again Dave for a fabulous thread! And also thank you for the reminder that it really is more fun to be positive than negative. My family and I are sailing July 17 and I am counting the days. ...[/quote']

Hi Life'satrip,

Remember that a cruise is what we make of it, not what other peoples experience and reviews tell us to. And lots of people, myself included, will completely stop reading reviews and looking at pictures a month from departure just to clear our heads and let the excitement rekindle itself. Sometimes information overload up until embarkation day is not always a good thing for everybody. Have a GREAT time on Royal Princess and do come back with a 'family' review of how everything went! :D

Enjoy.

Try again, i hve just made it public - hope i have done this correctly!

It works now! THANKS for posting your video!!! :D:D:D

Archived