Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Based on posts that I've read the DB's drawer above the fridge is functional & is where the hair dryer is stored. I wonder if the Royal's PDF brochure is accurate & that it's truly an "improved" hair dryer?

I recall someone that was on one of the 2-day preview cruises stated that the hair dryers were no better or different than what they had in the past.

Based on posts that I've read the DB's drawer above the fridge is functional & is where the hair dryer is stored. I wonder if the Royal's PDF brochure is accurate & that it's truly an "improved" hair dryer?

Thanks! At least there is one drawer then (besides the nightstand ones).

Single cruiser for the Oct 29 sail but doing the B2B sailing on Nov 3 with a companion. Can't wait. This will be my second Princess Maiden Voyage and look forward to the Royal as much as I did the Ruby.

You are one up on me as for the maiden voyages. This will be my 1st!! :D I too will be a single cruiser for the 10/29 and the 11/0 cruises. My sailing partner just couldn't get enough time off from her job to make this one....but we'll do Alaska next August! :) Be sure to sign up for the events we are planning on both cruises. I don't see you signed up as yet on either list! Just make your wishes known and one or both of the coordinators will catch that message and put you on the list for whatever stuff you wish to participate in. There are SailAways for each cruise being formed. Meet Greets for each cruise being formed! (and these look like lots of fun). There is a veterans get together on the 10/29 cruise. Robyn has organized a Grand Turk Light House tour and Pub Crawl for the 10/29 cruise and a St. Maarten tour on the 11/3 cruise. So to repeat what is oft said here on these forums: Welcome to the Nut House! We are a bunch of assorted and interesting nuts that will enhance our cruise with our camaraderie!! Please join in!! :D

I recall someone that was on one of the 2-day preview cruises stated that the hair dryers were no better or different than what they had in the past.

I had the same recollection so thanks for confirming my memory & it's just a few months before my wife will be able to form her own opinion. :)

Thanks! At least there is one drawer then (besides the nightstand ones).

Too often those desk drawers became our junk drawers where we put paperwork. ;)

Dave,

I cannot find that photo of the menu at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, sorry! Someone else posted that they also saw it as, like me, they also remember some complimentary appetizers. It must have been in one of the review links from the first couple of sailings.

Sorry!

Carole

Sometimes it seems that I too just can't get enough information and pictures to satisfy my thirst, but despite the fact that they are all amazing and beautiful I'm going to keep my expectations in check. And I think that's very important as many have said. Don't go in expecting absolute perfection. I'm sure in person she will still 'wow' me. I know I'm going to have a fun, relaxing, and very nice time on Royal Princess with something new to discover every day. And that's all I ever ask of a vacation. :D

You the man, Dave. Thanks for the picture links.

I agree 100%. I will barely be able to enjoy those balconies...ON OUR CRUISE!!!!! Can't wait for every aspect of the Royal experience. One bad day on a cruise is better than 10 good days at work!!

Thanks, again. Paul

6513_658434850849150_1068866449_n.jpg.511769a51fac03d0c278563f6a4cecfc.jpg

dave,

i cannot find that photo of the menu at the ocean terrace seafood bar, sorry! Someone else posted that they also saw it as, like me, they also remember some complimentary appetizers. It must have been in one of the review links from the first couple of sailings.

Sorry!

Carole

6513_658434850849150_1068866449_n.jpg.511769a51fac03d0c278563f6a4cecfc.jpg

After departing Naples, Italy last evening the Royal Princess passed through the Strait of Messina on the way to her port of call tomorrow at Mykonos, Greece. Enjoying her second full sea day, there are currently by some estimates over 3,600 passengers all squeezed into the pools topside while apparently no one is below decks enjoying the multitude of entertainment, lounging, and dining options. :cool: ;)

9158060140_9b4fdd5200.jpg

I will be interested also to see how the pools accommodate a full ship. There appear to be plenty of loungers around the upper decks, but without an aft pool it will be quite a walk to take a dip. Only time will tell.

Our Med cruise has two sea days, and I plan to spend time at both pools so will be sure to report!!

I will be interested also to see how the pools accommodate a full ship. There appear to be plenty of loungers around the upper decks, but without an aft pool it will be quite a walk to take a dip. Only time will tell.

Our Med cruise has two sea days, and I plan to spend time at both pools so will be sure to report!!

By all means, please do. On my Ruby Med cruise, kids packed the two main pools. I headed to the pool upstairs.

I think the pool issue will dog Princess on this ship. I hope I'm wrong.

The Inside Cabins are completely sold out for both parts of my B2B but I'm still watching the balcony prices, and the rates dropped about $100 total. The OBC I got is still the same or better than what they are offering now. I wonder how the other sailings fares compare for those booked?

I also noted the fare reduction, then called Princess to request an adjustment to our booking which was made with FCC's. The rep said he would make the fare adjustment BUT under the "sale" rules, "any deposit made will not be refunded if you cancel at any time" !!

I failed to ask if the same rule applies to any future non-sale fare reductions. If we gamble our deposit this time, can we request future reductions, if any?

Thanks,

REDTOY

I also noted the fare reduction, then called Princess to request an adjustment to our booking which was made with FCC's. The rep said he would make the fare adjustment BUT under the "sale" rules, "any deposit made will not be refunded if you cancel at any time" !!

I failed to ask if the same rule applies to any future non-sale fare reductions. If we gamble our deposit this time, can we request future reductions, if any?

Thanks,

REDTOY

I think it all depends, as you mentioned, what fare rules you book under. Depending on how much deposit you're going to lose, and what time of year you are going to cruise, it may not be worth the risk if what you're shooting for is a big price drop. After final payment date passes I'm not sure what the rules are, but I don't believe you can get any further reductions. And it's usually after that final payment date when they start dropping fares if a particular sailing is not fully booked yet.

Hello Sunsetbeachgal,

I will be cruising the Caribbean in January on the Royal and I am VERY interested in the pools. Since you will be cruising before me, would you mind checking out the depth progression from one end to the other on the two main pools? I swim every morning at home and have been fortunate on all previous Princess ships in the past to get an early swim in before the crowds. My email is molloyrocco at yahoo.com. If it is not a big inconvenience. Thank You, Pat

Thanks,

REDTOY

My experience has been that deposits on most sales are 'non-refundable, non-transferable'. If using a FCC deposit then sometimes it may be cost effective to lose $100 for a lower price. I've never had the NR-NT restriction waived but once they upgraded me to a cabin that had a sale price the same as what I paid.

Lower prices result when they have many cabins to sell so it's difficult to predict future price reductions. It's still a better system than purchasing airfare which is rare to get a price reduction.

I've never had a non-sale price reduction come with a NR-NT deposit.

My experience has been that deposits on most sales are 'non-refundable, non-transferable'. If using a FCC deposit then sometimes it may be cost effective to lose $100 for a lower price. I've never had the NR-NT restriction waived but once they upgraded me to a cabin that had a sale price the same as what I paid.

Lower prices result when they have many cabins to sell so it's difficult to predict future price reductions. It's still a better system than purchasing airfare which is rare to get a price reduction.

I've never had a non-sale price reduction come with a NR-NT deposit.

Many thanks to you and "Five Star Dave" for your responses. I chose to risk our FCC deposits ($200) in exchange for a $200 fare reduction and an extra $50 OBC but with an imposed NR-NT condition.

REDTOY

You the man, Dave. Thanks for the picture links.

I agree 100%. I will barely be able to enjoy those balconies...ON OUR CRUISE!!!!! Can't wait for every aspect of the Royal experience. One bad day on a cruise is better than 10 good days at work!!

Thanks, again. Paul

I agree 100%!!! I've only had ONE bad day on a cruise and that was by b2b on the Grand this past January. The head waiter took me way too literally when I told him I really liked the homemade raspberry ice cream. So the next night at dinner they also had a raspberry swirl thingy...and he brought me 3 scoops of the Ice cream, my sailing partner 3 scoops of ice cream, and 3 scoops of the raspberry swirl stuff! I guess it didn't mix too well with the wine or something because somewhere in the middle of the night it all departed my being!! ;) I wasn't feeling very well the whole next day, but that was it, then on with the fun! Glad it was a 14 day series of 2 cruises! :) I needed the rest anyway!:cool:

I agree 100%!!! I've only had ONE bad day on a cruise and that was by b2b on the Grand this past January. The head waiter took me way too literally when I told him I really liked the homemade raspberry ice cream. So the next night at dinner they also had a raspberry swirl thingy...and he brought me 3 scoops of the Ice cream, my sailing partner 3 scoops of ice cream, and 3 scoops of the raspberry swirl stuff! I guess it didn't mix too well with the wine or something because somewhere in the middle of the night it all departed my being!! ;) I wasn't feeling very well the whole next day, but that was it, then on with the fun! Glad it was a 14 day series of 2 cruises! :) I needed the rest anyway!:cool:

Well, it certainly was NOT the wine.:D

Archived