Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

We have just spent the day on the Royal Princess at Southampton. She is a beautifull ship and at 141,000 tons has plenty of room. The Atrium is large and inviting with the International Cafe on deck 5 and Alfedos on deck 6 serving lovely snacks. Although it was raining it was very interesting deck 16. We had a three course lunch served in the Concerto Dining room and the food was fabulous. The staff have been training together since 14th May and are 100% professional. The ship is in good shape and a dream to be onboard. The seawalk is a surreal experience in port, I can imagine it being really interesting when at sea. All of you who have booked, i'm sure you will have a great cruise.

We have just spent the day on the Royal Princess at Southampton. She is a beautifull ship and at 141,000 tons has plenty of room. The Atrium is large and inviting with the International Cafe on deck 5 and Alfedos on deck 6 serving lovely snacks. Although it was raining it was very interesting deck 16. We had a three course lunch served in the Concerto Dining room and the food was fabulous. The staff have been training together since 14th May and are 100% professional. The ship is in good shape and a dream to be onboard. The seawalk is a surreal experience in port, I can imagine it being really interesting when at sea. All of you who have booked, i'm sure you will have a great cruise.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can't wait for our turn August10th:D:D

I was thinking about the concerns some folks have about being able to look into the mid-ship balcony staterooms below the Seawalk and Seaview Bar. It's possible that Princess may have foreseen this issue and installed reflective coatings on the glass so that you can't see in. Back in the old days when there were staterooms on the Promenade deck, lines used to do this to help with privacy. There's no getting around having folks look at you on your balcony - and I'm sure that when you look down the side of the ship you will be able to see on to many. I don't think that's a huge problem.

OK, it's quiz time. Just to see how close everyone has been looking at the pictures and remember the preview videos. ;) I actually noticed it the day she arrived in Southampton but was waiting to see if anyone else would say something.

Here's the question: There's one entire functional space that's been completely eliminated. It's in the preview videos and on the deck plans. But it never became reality. What is it?

Shooting Range?

Shooting Range?

Yep, Deck 18, though I think the official name is Laser Shooting Range. Rai Caluori spoke of it when asked if there was going to be a fee to use it. Hadn't been finalized was his response.

Hi All

Working silly hours just now to get ready for the Royal, so next post wil be life from Southampton, not sure what I will be able to see,

but will keep an eye out for the fireworks,

meeting up with CC members on the evening of 12th and 13th,

nice bunch those CC folks, chance to meet up with old friends and make

new ones.

Know folks at the gala event so will see if there was any gosip of interst.

Boarding Pass , and luggage tags printed

yours Shogun

Have a wonderful time!! You have added so much to this thread! It has been a pleasure reading about your many Princess experiences! :)

Hi All

Working silly hours just now to get ready for the Royal, so next post wil be life from Southampton . . .

yours Shogun

Enjoy the whole experience !

Sue

I read the first review of the Royal. This person doesn't know the difference between the Duchess of Kent and the Duchess of Cambridge (and he or she is English). Also, it appears that he or she was expecting a Royal Caribbean ship... He or she speaks of stores on the Promenade deck...:confused: What did you guys think of this review?

Hi All

Working silly hours just now to get ready for the Royal, so next post wil be life from Southampton, not sure what I will be able to see,

new ones.

yours Shogun

Shogun and Mrs.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time.

I will be looking for your "live from"

:):):)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221836

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the first review on CC only got 2 stars and were very unimpressed. "Very disappointing, waste of money, not for families especially if younger than 3yrs!!"

Oh well, I guess the Royal Princess is not for you! As for me, my review will be wonderful as have all my experiences with Princess over the years..

I read the first review of the Royal. This person doesn't know the difference between the Duchess of Kent and the Duchess of Cambridge (and he or she is English). Also, it appears that he or she was expecting a Royal Caribbean ship... He or she speaks of stores on the Promenade deck...:confused: What did you guys think of this review?

I agree doesn't sound like they were expecting to Escape!! Many people have already commented on the boards about how beautiful the inside is. Can't wait to sail her in November!!

Not very much....;)

Hi All

new ones.

yours Shogun

Bon Voyage! Looking forward to your impressions...:D

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221836

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but the first review on CC only got 2 stars and were very unimpressed. "Very disappointing, waste of money, not for families especially if younger than 3yrs!!"

Oh well, I guess the Royal Princess is not for you! As for me, my review will be wonderful as have all my experiences with Princess over the years..

I for one, wasn't very impressed with the review and didn't put too much stock in it. I'll form my own opinion in October. About the only thing I think that may disappoint me at this juncture is the supposed small balcony size....:):):)

Bob

I for one, wasn't very impressed with the review and didn't put too much stock in it. I'll form my own opinion in October. About the only thing I think that may disappoint me at this juncture is the supposed small balcony size....:):):)

Bob

To me it's one of those taken with a grain of salt 'reviews' & doesn't appear to be from someone who has cruised much. Complaining about tips shows their lack of research prior to the cruise & saying it's for older people isn't helpful to me & neither is their opinion that it's not for younger children based on a 2 night pre-inaugural cruise. :eek:

Maybe it's just the latest review from someone who takes the word critic too literally & felt compelled to complain about so many things. :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & I am entitled to have my own opinion about it. ;)

To me it's one of those taken with a grain of salt 'reviews' & doesn't appear to be from someone who has cruised much. Complaining about tips shows their lack of research prior to the cruise & saying it's for older people isn't helpful to me & neither is their opinion that it's not for younger children based on a 2 night pre-inaugural cruise. :eek:

Maybe it's just the latest review from someone who takes the word critic too literally & felt compelled to complain about so many things. :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion & I am entitled to have my own opinion about it. ;)

Well said! It is just too bad that the Royal's first review had to be one of those...

Not only he doesn't know one duchess from another, but to say that it is a ship for rich people over 60...

I think that the ship is beautiful, outside and inside... I, for one, cannot wait to sail on her... To the person who wrote the review, I am neither in my sixties nor rich...:rolleyes: It will be wonderful checking out all the new venues, and the old ones too!

In reading a blog today from someone who was on the ship the last two days they said that there was no steam or sauna in the mens or womens locker rooms like on the past ships. They say it is part of the spa pacages on Royal. Has anyone seen those rates listed for services in the spa ? I saw rates for services for treatments but nothing listed for the above ! Bob & Donna

Archived