Once in a suite- there is no backs..

2boyzmom

Well, I thought after becoming a platinum member after my upcoming cruise in March (Sun), I would stop with the "ok-just one last time" booking of a suite and here I go and did it again for 2014. Those Haven pictures on the Epic melted my heart and opened my purse :)

Well, I thought after becoming a platinum member after my upcoming cruise in March (Sun), I would stop with the "ok-just one last time" booking of a suite and here I go and did it again for 2014. Those Haven pictures on the Epic melted my heart and opened my purse :)

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself! Have a great time!

I know the feeling all to well. It is so hard to go back down to a regular cabin from the suite life. For us, it took school vacation to make this happen. The prices during school vacation made it a lot easier to say, well a mini suite is not so bad, when a penthouse for 3 costs over $9,500.

We also travel over the kids breaks and pay premium. I landed up paying the same for the 2bdrm Haven suite as 2 connecting balcony cabins for the four of us for Easter Break 2014...

I am sorry to read that... (sort of) I am almost Platinum (after summer cruise) and just today I told my husband that once we reach that level we can just book a balcony cabin and enjoy the perks... i guess that was just a pipe dream... Enjoy the Haven:)

Oh man, I totally relate! We did a 2 bedroom penthouse once and are doing it again in March. To be honest, yes the room is awesome but it's those suite guest perks that really get me, Especially Cagney's meals and priority embarkation! We are already looking at Haven rooms on the Breakaway for our next cruise.

We must be contrarians. We had been staying in NCL suites for the past few off-season cruises but over Christmas we booked an interior cabin on the Carnival Breeze. We enjoyed our interior room cruise as much as any we had in an NCL suite. Makes me re-think future cruises.

Suites are great, especially on longer cruises. For seven days or less, unless we get a deal, we will consider an interior room again.

Cruising over a holiday can be crazy expensive and the difference in price between an interior and suite can be a lot. Off season, not so much.

We are cruising as two people. This may not apply with a family.

bruce...

My first time in the EPIC I was in a two bedroom courtyard suite. It was my only time ever in a suite and it was amazing. Next time I have a regular balcony. I'm hoping to just not compare in my mind or it might kill me!

My last cruise just might be my savior for the next one though. It was a freebie on the Carnival Freedom that my husband won at work, and it was an inside. We enjoyed the cruise but not having a balcony sort of sucked. Since this will be a huge step up from the inside hopefully that's what my memory will cling to. And honestly, it's really the balcony I love best anyway.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I agree once I experienced suite life it was hard to go back. However going back was not the shock I was expecting. I went from Haven penthouse on Epic to balcony on Sky. We still had fun and a great time. Short cruises I can still have as much fun as Haven ones.

Archived