All inclusive liquor policy...

Hunter2

i have read the policy on the things u can and can not drink with the "all inclusive policy" but i wanted to know from someone that has gone on a cruise and paid for this option. What kind of beer are u allowed to drink? Can u only get one at a time? Is it draft beer! Can u still do buckets of beer?, etc.

15 drink max, no buckets, one drink at a time. You have to wait five minutes for next drink. You can get any drink including any beer as long as it is not more than $10. We loved the Cheers Program. Well worth it for us and we never hit 15 but close.

Celebrity has a special until 1/27. Book a cruise now thru April 2014 and you can get free unlimited beverages for 2 persons in the cabin. No 15 drink limit and includes coffees, sodas, and water. Carnival has too many rules.

Celebrity has a special until 1/27. Book a cruise now thru April 2014 and you can get free unlimited beverages for 2 persons in the cabin. No 15 drink limit and includes coffees, sodas, and water. Carnival has too many rules.

I bet the cruise fare is quite a bit higher too, even if you factor in the drink package and buying one's own coffee throughout the cruise.

I bet the cruise fare is quite a bit higher too, even if you factor in the drink package and buying one's own coffee throughout the cruise.

No, just shop around. A major online TA this weekend had a balcony cabin with free drinks offer plus prepaid gratuities for 2 for $899pp in the Carribean.

Edited by Mulege

Wow, I just checked, and this is very true! Wow...tempting...but we stick to cruising out of NOLA b/c we live 15 minutes from the cruise terminal. Once we add airfare, it's a wash. Though I've always wanted to try a southern or eastern itinerary, and this would be a great opportunity to do so!

There is NO 15 drink maximum.

15 drinks is a checkpoint. If the passenger is visibly intoxicated, that's it, no more.

If a passenger started with a beverage at 8AM and drink 15 is ordered at 10PM, then you will probably be served.

15 drinks is a checkpoint. If the passenger is visibly intoxicated, that's it, no more.

If a passenger started with a beverage at 8AM and drink 15 is ordered at 10PM, then you will probably be served.

This is not what's being reported by people embarking today on several ships who have inquired about the rules with the bar staff.

On the Liberty last week, they cut people off at 15 drinks. Big guys, & not drunk. I guess different ships have different interpretations of the rules.

• 11 months later...

Oceanview and above cabins. Inside cabins do not qualify.

Bill

This is not true, the 15 drink limit is a hard limit, as the computer is programed to not allow any drinks to be rung up on your sign and sail card after 15 drinks are reached. I have used the cheers program twice on two different ships and it was the same, they told me I reached 15 and they could not ring up anymore... It had nothing to do with intoxication, as there were people almost falling down, who were not on the cheers program, and were still being served.

This is not true, the 15 drink limit is a hard limit, as the computer is programed to not allow any drinks to be rung up on your sign and sail card after 15 drinks are reached. I have used the cheers program twice on two different ships and it was the same, they told me I reached 15 and they could not ring up anymore... It had nothing to do with intoxication, as there were people almost falling down, who were not on the cheers program, and were still being served.

I do solemnly swear I will not make friends with the floor on this Cruise....:p

We jumped on this offer! The cruise itself wasn't much more than Carnival, but saving $88 a day per person for the drink package on Celebrity makes it hands down the winner!

You have to book a Celebrity cruise by 2/28 (not 1/27).

I put DD who is underage and DH who doens't drink in their own connecting cabin and me and my older DD are in a cabin with the drink plan. :D DH and younger DD were offered $200 OBC instead of the drink plan.

Celebrity is literally throwing perks at you if you book and that's just with them, couple the perks from an online TA and you'll really get your monies worth cruising Celebrity this year.

I'm so excited that I don't need to pay corkage fee for bringing wine onboard, don't need to lug cases of water or shop for soda, etc. it's a really sweet deal all around!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=choose_your_offer

Edited by ibcnusoon

I understood that once you finish drink 14 you could buy as many drinks as you wanted to as long as they didn't swipe the 15th...What happens if you wanted to purchase a drink for someone you are sailing with? Or if you wanted to buy a bucket of beer?

I understood that once you finish drink 14 you could buy as many drinks as you wanted to as long as they didn't swipe the 15th...What happens if you wanted to purchase a drink for someone you are sailing with? Or if you wanted to buy a bucket of beer?

this is a good question... I asked on the carnival website and the response I got back from the VP of Marketing is that you cannot buy yourself drinks even before 15 is reached. However, if you specifically want to buy others drinks, you can do that prior to 15 and pay for them individually. I have seen posts from others that you can pay for them yourself prior to 15.. I asked the question on my last cruise and was advised by one bartender that you could not buy yourself any drinks. Bottom line, it will depend on who serves you and on what ship to whether you can buy drinks before 15, but the 15 is a hard limit

So is it 15 drinks a day or the whole trip?? Also how much is it and do all adults over 21 in the same cabin have to get the package?:D

It is 15 drinks per day per person and a day is 24 hours.

The price is $49.95 per person per day and everyone in your cabin over 21 must buy the program. On that point, they claim no exceptions.