Mardi Gras on Board

sandbug2

we are usually on board every year for Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras and we have never seen anything done. In fact last year we were on the Star in Rio de Janeiro for the beginning of Carnival and nothing was done to celebrate, but that was okay we brought our own Carnival on board.

And I'll bet it wouldn't be difficult to get some of the musicians to join you. From what I hear, lots of them love New Orleans jazz.

If on the Coral or Island in the Bayou Café & Steakhouse they have nightly jazz musicians which was very enjoyable with dinner & maybe they'll perform around the ship for Mardi Gras.

From a locals standpoint, if they do something, OK. If they don't, that's OK too. We vacation that time of the year to get away from it sometimes.

I guess if you have grown up with it, the draw has worn off slightly. Not knocking it, when the kids were young they had a blast. When I was young it was great. After 56 years......well now it's the grand kids......

Archived