New Orleans Hotels

ToriB

I tried to do a search relating to stay and cruise packages at hotels in New Orleans, but I didn't have much luck. Can anyone from the area or someone who has stayed here before point me in the right direction, please? I cruised out of Charleston in December and the hotel had one fee for staying the night, transportation to and from the port, and parking during the week at the hotel. It was a great price! Maybe the New Orleans area is just different. It looks like most of the hotels you have to pay for parking regardless if you're staying to cruise or not.

My sister and I sailed out of New Orleans in November and stayed at the Holiday Inn Superdome. My sister booked the deal, so I can't quite remember the price, but we stayed one night and parked there for the cruise. They also offer a shuttle to port in the morning. You take a taxi or other arrangement on return.

My sis did some research and it was a good deal. Plus, we talked to some folks who parked at the port and they paid more than we did, even with the overnight stay. Again, sorry I can't remember the exact price.

This is where we spent the night before our cruise..close to the port and Bourbon Street which is where we wanted to go..the address is 820 Poydras Street..504-529-7800..we had a blast..pool is ontop of the hotel..I remember our parking was seperate and we did park at the port..it was covered garage parking..don't remember the price..just some info that may help..

You might check out Quality Inn in Gretna, LA. We are booked there in Aug 2013. They shuttle you to the port and pick you up when you return. You can also leave your car on their property. Some of the other hotels allow you to park on site and transport you to the port, but do not pick you up after the cruise requiring you to find a cab. There are other hotels that allow you to park on their sites but do not provide transportation to or from the port.

We have stayed at a couple of other Hotels before cruises, our next stay is Holiday Inn superdome. Apr 2013. Good deal close to FQ. There are a number of good hotels, but you will need to check the date you cruise and if you want to park your vehicle, go to FQ, or shuttle to port.

Good Luck

leedm:D:D

Dec 2012 we stayed at the Hampton in was $89 plus tax and parking had a cruise rate etc.... clean great breakfast we parked on Friday night cruised on Sunday till the next Sunday. Covered parking. All we needed was right there. Have a great time.... We did.

Thank you everyone for your quick replies! I saw the Quality Inn mentioned when I was searching. Unfortunately, it's sold out in May when I'll be there. It looks like there will be a jazz festival going on so I'm sure I'll have to do some searching to find somewhere to stay. I'll have to take a look at some of the other places mentioned above.

Thank you all again for your replies. (:

Take a look here on CC at the North American Homeports, Gulf Coast Departures forum. Lots of good info there. (This will probably be moved there anyway)

We stayed at the Iberville Suites in NOLA right in the French Quarter...very nice.

Please note - the Holiday Inn Superdome is NOT within quick walking distance to the Quarter - so if you're wanting to have an evening stroll, see the sights, have dinner, etc, you really need to get a hotel closer to the action. Canal Street within 6 or 7 blocks of the river is your best bet, unless you want to go for a hotel actually within the Quarter (and if you do, there are MANY!)

I was looking for the same thing. I have booked the Hampton Inn on St. Charles Ave in the Garden District. Parking is free and you can leave your car there while you cruise. I have not stayed here but have talked to others that have. They stated it is very nice. It is not within walking distance to FC however the trolley runs directly in front of the hotel for a rate of 3.00 a day for as much travel as you want. The hotel does not have shuttle to/from the port but I have been told it will be about 15.00 each way.

• 1 month later...

I was at the Comfort Inn in St Rose (2 miles from the airport) yesterday and they offer a park-stay-cruise option. The hotel is only about 3 years old and it seems to be well maintained. It is a little out there, but if you do not really plan on visiting the FQ or anything in DTown NOLA, it would be a good option.

If you are flying in they will take you to the port for $35 for 2 people or $15 per person one way. They will pick you up and drop you off at the airport also.

If you are driving in, they will let you leave your car there all week no charge and they will take you to the port and pick you up after your cruise at the same rates listed above.

Archived