New to Rccl. Enchantment of the seas.

I've done 14 Disney 3 carnival. We are doing the 12 night Baltimore to port canaveral and I have a boat load of questions.

I will be buying the soda package but my friend I am sailing with does not want it. Can I just get it?

Does the spa have thermal rooms and special hot tubs? If so how much is the pass?

Also and before anyone starts in that we do not tip we do. Almost always above and beyond but I prefer to leave cash and not on the room charge. Is this possible? Please please do not read this as anything but I am looking at wanting to tip the full amount and then some ( we like to add gift cards and phone cards in addition to the full amounts and we are old school and yes we like to hand them to them)

I've done 14 Disney 3 carnival. We are doing the 12 night Baltimore to port canaveral and I have a boat load of questions.

I will be buying the soda package but my friend I am sailing with does not want it. Can I just get it? Yes.

Does the spa have thermal rooms and special hot tubs? If so how much is the pass?

Also and before anyone starts in that we do not tip we do. Almost always above and beyond but I prefer to leave cash and not on the room charge. Is this possible? Yes. Please please do not read this as anything but I am looking at wanting to tip the full amount and then some ( we like to add gift cards and phone cards in addition to the full amounts and we are old school and yes we like to hand them to them)

Answered what I could above in RED.

I will be buying the soda package but my friend I am sailing with does not want it. Can I just get it?

Also and before anyone starts in that we do not tip we do. Almost always above and beyond but I prefer to leave cash and not on the room charge. Is this possible? Please please do not read this as anything but I am looking at wanting to tip the full amount and then some ( we like to add gift cards and phone cards in addition to the full amounts and we are old school and yes we like to hand them to them)

1: No idea, we don't drink soda

2: Nope.

3: if you take the tips off, the crew assigned to your needs will be asked to explain why their service was so bad you did so( they will NOT necessarily ask or even believe you if you tell them your preference is to tip directly with cash) also if you are on MTD, you are required to prepay tips before you get on board anyway. Phone cards are not always a smart idea, not everyone uses the same ones, or can use them( based on country )

Answers

1. You can buy the soda package, your friend doesn't need to by it.

2. No thermal rooms or special hot tubs.

3. If you do My Time Dining, you must pay your gratuites early. It you do regular early or late dining you do not need to pay tips ahead of time if you do not want to and can pay your tips at the end of the cruise.

Come and join us on the April 13 board.:p

3: if you take the tips off, the crew assigned to your needs will be asked to explain why their service was so bad you did so( they will NOT necessarily ask or even believe you if you tell them your preference is to tip directly with cash) also if you are on MTD, you are required to prepay tips before you get on board anyway. Phone cards are not always a smart idea, not everyone uses the same ones, or can use them( based on country )

I don't believe that #3 is the case on RCCL. This past week we had to give prior authorization to charge the tips to the room, and we were still given envelopes at the end of the cruise if we wanted to tip further.

Archived