Emergency Contact Info while onboard...

Realblonde474

Forgive me, I have looked on the Celebrity website and can't locate this info. Maybe it's me or maybe it's the wonderful Celebrity site ( :D )

Is there a main emergency phone number that people can call to reach someone while on board. While we are in port we can be reached via my sweetie's phone (he has coverage for work) but while we at sea (for three days)..I would like to provide my sitter with an emergency phone number.

Like I can do anything while we are in the middle of the ocean but at least for just in case..

Thanks for your help!

Donna

It is far better to leave your phone on so that you can be sent a text in emergency. Text messages do not cost very much to send or receive. Make sure you turn off data roaming, infact I turn off cellular data, 3g, and data roaming just to be sure. If you don't do this you will end up with a huge bill for your cell phone.

It is far better to leave your phone on so that you can be sent a text in emergency. Text messages do not cost very much to send or receive. Make sure you turn off data roaming, infact I turn off cellular data, 3g, and data roaming just to be sure. If you don't do this you will end up with a huge bill for your cell phone.

Sometimes though texts do not get through, on my last cruise, my phone was out of phone signal coverage for two days so, whilst I am sure the family would send a text saying phone home asap, I would like them to have another number in case they are not getting a text delivery receipt

In addition to leaving the emergency number, we have also had success in bringing our laptop and using GoogleTalk to communicate with my (adult) son who still lives with us. Gave us a good and inexpensive way to chat with him for a few minutes each day. You have to pay for the internet minutes (we luckily get 90 min each as we are Elite, so painless for us) but it gives you peace of mind to be able to check-in real time.

Archived