Troubles with our Glory 1-6-13 western cruise

Retired Sparky

Sorry you had such a "terrible" time on the Glory. That is just the kind of trouble that I like to have.

Your review goes to show that the right attitude is key. DH and I always say...It's a cruise ship how bad can it be?

I totally agree with you...too many people are grumpy in this world! I mean..if people are on vacation why are they so miserable at times? There is a LOT to be happy about when you on on vacation...especially on on cruise....

"So beware of the Carnival Glory it can be contagious and your doctor might not have a cure. "

It is contagious - We caught it on our Glory cruise in November - my doctor said the only cure was to go back. So we are going back on the Glory in march. And again in June. I hope that doesn't cure us!!

Oh yes I forgot to mention it was Carnivals fault for seven days of sun and 84 deg. we did miss one port Costa Maya because of wind the captain tried only 3 times to get us to dock and the nerve of him to look out for our safety.

Thanks for the laugh.

Very nice you-tube of your Victory cruise.

I'll be on the Glory on Jan 27th and hopefully May 24th. I was really afraid when I read your subject...but after reading it I hope there are more people like you on the ship. You seem pretty awesome. Hope you have many more "terrible" cruises.

we will be hangin with ya for the fun 12 in our group

I read your title and said to myself this is impossible because I was on the Glory in Sep 2012 out of NYC and I had a great cruising experience. I'm glad I opened your post to see you also had a great time. Happy Sailing!

I'll be on the Splendor out of NYC in Jan 2014. Too bad it is a year wait.

We just got back with our Glory cruise and I see why all the bad reviews we were not happy cruiser’s this is a list of few things to be aware of when sailing the Glory

1. Arrival - we got there at 11:30 and they did not let us see the registration area for long they rushed us on the ship by 12:00

2. Crew – They were not fun at all, always with the smiles and good morning sir and good afternoon sir and most of them called me by my name - can I help you with something Mr. Pat what’s with that?

3. Bars - Look out here they keep making you these fun drinks with umbrellas and sliced fruit ? and if you go to the Blue Iguana look out for Paul and Percy they will get you drunk for sure. And this Ron guy kept putting Martini’s in front of me at dinner with his big smile. All I can say is good thing they have a Captain to drive because I would have had trouble steering the ship.

4. The FOOD - This was the worst I searched the ship all week and could not find anything that was inedible like others say. The nerve of them to serve you food 24 hrs. a day. The main dinning room food – why do they keep putting more and more lobsters and yummy soups in front of me and making me try all those deserts. They made me gain 8 lbs. wait till my lawyer hears about this.

P.S. What’s with our waitress always singing and dancing with my grandkids is she suppose to have fun also?

Last and most important why do they make everything so much fun now I have to take a vacation just to rest up from this one.

So beware of the Carnival Glory it can be contagious and your doctor might not have a cure.

Must have been terrible for you. :D But you may need to book another cruise, just to make sure you give Carnival a fair shot. ;)

We are sailing on the Glory Feb 3rd and even more excited after reading your review. Especially with people being upset about port changes from Belize to Costa Maya.. We are just happy to be getting out of the cold

-30C Canadian weather and be anywhere in the warm sun..

I hope the comedy shows are terrible too LOL!

We are sailing on the Glory Feb 3rd and even more excited after reading your review. Especially with people being upset about port changes from Belize to Costa Maya.. We are just happy to be getting out of the cold

-30C Canadian weather and be anywhere in the warm sun..

I hope the comedy shows are terrible too LOL!

yes they are make sure you see Eddy Clark adults only

OK.....now that's just funny!!! I was scared to read your post as we are going on the Glory in March.......now I'm glad I read it!

Thanks!!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!

:p

ME TOO! We sail on 2/3/13! Whewwwww! Thanks for the smiles!

We just got back with our Glory cruise and I see why all the bad reviews we were not happy cruiser’s this is a list of few things to be aware of when sailing the Glory

1. Arrival - we got there at 11:30 and they did not let us see the registration area for long they rushed us on the ship by 12:00

2. Crew – They were not fun at all, always with the smiles and good morning sir and good afternoon sir and most of them called me by my name - can I help you with something Mr. Pat what’s with that?

3. Bars - Look out here they keep making you these fun drinks with umbrellas and sliced fruit ? and if you go to the Blue Iguana look out for Paul and Percy they will get you drunk for sure. And this Ron guy kept putting Martini’s in front of me at dinner with his big smile. All I can say is good thing they have a Captain to drive because I would have had trouble steering the ship.

4. The FOOD - This was the worst I searched the ship all week and could not find anything that was inedible like others say. The nerve of them to serve you food 24 hrs. a day. The main dinning room food – why do they keep putting more and more lobsters and yummy soups in front of me and making me try all those deserts. They made me gain 8 lbs. wait till my lawyer hears about this.

P.S. What’s with our waitress always singing and dancing with my grandkids is she suppose to have fun also?

Last and most important why do they make everything so much fun now I have to take a vacation just to rest up from this one.

So beware of the Carnival Glory it can be contagious and your doctor might not have a cure.

Sorry to hear u had a good time. Maybe next will be less fun. I hate it when everything is perfect.

Archived