Troubles with our Glory 1-6-13 western cruise

Retired Sparky

We just got back with our Glory cruise and I see why all the bad reviews we were not happy cruiser’s this is a list of few things to be aware of when sailing the Glory

1. Arrival - we got there at 11:30 and they did not let us see the registration area for long they rushed us on the ship by 12:00

2. Crew – They were not fun at all, always with the smiles and good morning sir and good afternoon sir and most of them called me by my name - can I help you with something Mr. Pat what’s with that?

3. Bars - Look out here they keep making you these fun drinks with umbrellas and sliced fruit ? and if you go to the Blue Iguana look out for Paul and Percy they will get you drunk for sure. And this Ron guy kept putting Martini’s in front of me at dinner with his big smile. All I can say is good thing they have a Captain to drive because I would have had trouble steering the ship.

4. The FOOD - This was the worst I searched the ship all week and could not find anything that was inedible like others say. The nerve of them to serve you food 24 hrs. a day. The main dinning room food – why do they keep putting more and more lobsters and yummy soups in front of me and making me try all those deserts. They made me gain 8 lbs. wait till my lawyer hears about this.

P.S. What’s with our waitress always singing and dancing with my grandkids is she suppose to have fun also?

Last and most important why do they make everything so much fun now I have to take a vacation just to rest up from this one.

So beware of the Carnival Glory it can be contagious and your doctor might not have a cure.

I can commiserate, we sailed on the Glory twice and both times we were nauseaus from all the smiling and greetings from the crew, can't they just shut up. We also gained a few pounds trying to sample all the food options those darn pushy waiters kept putting in front of us. And, don't get me started on all the boring activities onboard, I was so exhausted trying to keep up, it forced me to nap on a couple of occasions thereby missing more fun stuff, it's their fault.

I hear ya......This ship was so horrible, I'm going on her again for the 4th time in May just to see if they're still lacking in customer service, etc. I have to be totally sure. Might even have to sail on her again to satisfy my curiosity. ;)

Sorry you had such a "terrible" time on the Glory. That is just the kind of trouble that I like to have.

Your review goes to show that the right attitude is key. DH and I always say...It's a cruise ship how bad can it be?

I'm right there with ya, Sparky. We enjoyed our time on the Glory last week as well, except for my kidney stone attack the night before/day of Cozumel!!! My family went ashore without me for a few hours while I was writhing around on the bed waiting for the pain meds I got from the infirmary to kick in. Fortunately, the stone stopped moving Tue evening, so the pain subsided. I was able to enjoy the rest of the cruise, including ziplining in Roatan and Stingray City in the Caymans.

Oh, nuts. :mad: We're going back on the Glory this summer and it pains me to hear this. They probably won't change by then, either...maybe I should just do some overtime at work that week instead...(:D or NOT!:D) Glad you had an awful vacation! ;) We even enjoyed her first run from Boston last year. A very nice ship!

I'll be on the Glory on Jan 27th and hopefully May 24th. I was really afraid when I read your subject...but after reading it I hope there are more people like you on the ship. You seem pretty awesome. Hope you have many more "terrible" cruises.

We just got back with our Glory cruise and I see why all the bad reviews we were not happy cruiser’s this is a list of few things to be aware of when sailing the Glory

1. Arrival - we got there at 11:30 and they did not let us see the registration area for long they rushed us on the ship by 12:00

2. Crew – They were not fun at all, always with the smiles and good morning sir and good afternoon sir and most of them called me by my name - can I help you with something Mr. Pat what’s with that?

3. Bars - Look out here they keep making you these fun drinks with umbrellas and sliced fruit ? and if you go to the Blue Iguana look out for Paul and Percy they will get you drunk for sure. And this Ron guy kept putting Martini’s in front of me at dinner with his big smile. All I can say is good thing they have a Captain to drive because I would have had trouble steering the ship.

4. The FOOD - This was the worst I searched the ship all week and could not find anything that was inedible like others say. The nerve of them to serve you food 24 hrs. a day. The main dinning room food – why do they keep putting more and more lobsters and yummy soups in front of me and making me try all those deserts. They made me gain 8 lbs. wait till my lawyer hears about this.

P.S. What’s with our waitress always singing and dancing with my grandkids is she suppose to have fun also?

Last and most important why do they make everything so much fun now I have to take a vacation just to rest up from this one.

So beware of the Carnival Glory it can be contagious and your doctor might not have a cure.

Enjoyed your "laugh of the day".

Archived