New Orleans Airport Shuttles

luvscruising2007

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi-

I am bringing this forward to see if there are any other hotels than anyone knows of that provides free shuttle from airport to the hotel property?

Thanks for any and all help! :D

It all depends on the hotel you are staying in.

The hotels that are geared more toward Business and are the bigger names are more likely to have a shuttle. Many of the smaller hotels or older classic New Orleans hotels do not.

Just call the hotel you are planning to stay with and ask them if they offer that service.

I am by no means a New Orleans expert.

However, we're going there in April and I have been researching for awhile. And I seem to recall that hotels in New Orleans do not offer transportation to/from the airport. There's a reason, but I don't recall what it it. (Big help, huh?:o:D).

I have read alot of discussion about parking at hotels but little about airport shuttles.

What hotels in New Orleans offer free shuttle from airport to the hotel property?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I have been to NO many times and I am not aware of ANY hotels that offer shuttle service. The reason for this is a VERY STRONG taxi drivers union in the greater NO area. However, they do have flat rate charges from MSY to the downtown/french quarter/dock area. It is $33 one way (up to 4 pax I think). If you are at least two, it is cheaper than the cruise line transfers and you don't have to wait for other passengers or be crowded on a bus/van. I recommend using a taxi. They take credit cards although they prefer cash. Just be sure your driver speaks English. I had a problem with that once although it ended up to my advantage as the driver charged me 33 cents for a ride rather than 33 dollars. :p Hope this helps...

I have been to NO many times and I am not aware of ANY hotels that offer shuttle service. The reason for this is a VERY STRONG taxi drivers union in the greater NO area. However, they do have flat rate charges from MSY to the downtown/french quarter/dock area. It is $33 one way (up to 4 pax I think). If you are at least two, it is cheaper than the cruise line transfers and you don't have to wait for other passengers or be crowded on a bus/van. I recommend using a taxi. They take credit cards although they prefer cash. Just be sure your driver speaks English. I had a problem with that once although it ended up to my advantage as the driver charged me 33 cents for a ride rather than 33 dollars. :p Hope this helps...

We were there in January.

We thought that we would be charged $33.00 one way divided by 4 because going back to the airport from our hotel downtown Drury Inn another couple road with us but we were charged $28.00 for 2 plus tip, so the driver made 56.00 plus tip. He said we got a discount of $5.00 per couple and I guess we did but we were thinking it would have been $33.00 divided by 4.

the price for Taxi from Airport to terminal (or vice versa) is $33 for first 2 pax and $7 pp after that.

I dont kniow of any hotels near the cruise terminal that offers a hotel shuttle

Archived